Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

please recommend Sento or pablic bath 2006/9/14 13:55
to everyone who know...
i want to know where 's the sento or public bath around tokyo tatation,shibuya station and nagoya station.coz i need to take a bath before i leave from tese station by night bus.
i'm not sure how many place that i can go to take a bath aroud these area.please recommend to me.
by tony  

sento 2006/9/14 20:36
While in former years it was common to have a sento in each areaof town because of the private home not having their own bath, this dissappeared. In Tokyo I only know of a sento in Asakusa area, all other bathhouses are more expensive and offer more than only the ofuro.
by Peter rate this post as useful

Manga kissa 2006/9/14 20:42
Tony,

While it doesn't answer your question directly, note that many manga kissa (net cafes) have shower facilities, and are probably going to be easier to find closer to large stations.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

bath 2006/11/24 15:22
Don't miss a Japanese sento (public bath), not only for a hearty scrub but also for a taste of old Japan; it can be single-sex or mixed, and towels, shampoo, and soap are provided (look for a chimney or a chimney logo). Some picks: Azabujuban Onsen (1-5-22 Azabujuban; Azabujuban station; closed Tuesdays), from 360 ($3); Tsuruno Yu (3-44-3 Yamatocho; Koenji station; closed Thursdays), 360; Asakusa Kannon Onsen (2-7-26 Asakusa; Asakusa station; closed Thursdays), 700 ($6).

i search that for you tony
by concern rate this post as useful

thank you 2006/11/27 09:37
thank you very much
by tony rate this post as useful

sentoguide 2007/7/28 10:42
check out www.sentoguide.com. they seem to still be working on their database but it's growing.
by walt rate this post as useful

reply to this thread