Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Online grocery store based in tokyo? 2006/9/24 13:41
Is there any good online grocery web site in tokyo? In english it would be a plus. My place has almost no grocery and i'm tired of eating the same stuff everyday. So i've thought of being delivered because i don't feel like taking the metro to go to some supermarket and bring back the heavy stuff back home. many thanks in advance!
by Vitalic  

... 2006/9/26 22:36
Among the numerous delivery services, here are some of the few English informations.

http://www.seikatsuclub.coop/english/index.html

http://www.fbcusa.com/public2/

But are you sure? I can't believe there is a district within the Tokyo 23 wards where people can live but there is no groceries. Have you thought about purchasing a bicycle equipped with a basket and a battery?
by Uco rate this post as useful

Buying baked beans 2006/11/2 10:23
2 suggestions:
1) National Azabu Supermarket, near to Hiroo Station on the Hibiya Line (towards German Embassy)
2) Food stoe just outside the barrier at Shingawa station. Not cheap but you can buy baked beans there.
I'm sure the Nat. Azabu offers a delivery service.
Also sometime ago I found a link in one of the Tokyo night life mags to what looked like a very mail order site good site.
Can't believe that with the existence of the excellent transport system in and around tokyo, getting to stores is that difficult. Why not get a wheelie basket, or even a wheelie suitcase and stock that up.
Then again, get out and try some different restaurants!
Itadakimas
by samurai 3 rate this post as useful

Nissin in Azabu-Juban 2007/9/28 23:21
Nissin World Delicatessen by Azabu-Juban Station doesn't have online ordering, but you can order over the phone, and they will deliver. It's great because it's an international food store, so they have imports from all over the world. But what part of Tokyo do you live in that doesn't have a grocery store?
by beru rate this post as useful

Shibuya- Tokyo Food Show 2008/1/5 14:20
There's a great food court plus grocery store in the basement of the Shibuya train station [also in every department store] where you can get prepared foods as well as imported things. The Tokyo Food Show has a great selection of imported items as well and an array of Japanese foods.
by Marlana rate this post as useful

reply to this thread