Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sagamihara City 2006/10/11 06:39
Hi! I am about to accept a job in Sagamihara City with Aeon. Has anyone been there? I hear it is only 40 minutes from Tokyo, but it is difficult to find any information about things to do in this city. If anyone has any information, i would love to hear it! Thanks!
by Kerry  

Sagamihara . . . 2006/10/20 08:59
is in one of the suburbs of Yokohama and maybe 35' out by train. It is a small town and I have only passed by it on the train but there are many satellite towns nearby which are mini-cities like Hon-Atsugi, Hachiochi, Machida, Tachikawa. Basically the area is very urbanized and you are close to Yokohama and Tokyo so there are many things to do.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

Aeon possible employee as well 2006/11/7 00:45
I was also offered a job with Aeon in Sagamihara City. I am excited and also wondering about the location. I have been on many websites searching for answers and not really getting anywhere. It would be great if we helped each other out.
by Moca rate this post as useful

city's website 2006/11/7 08:45
You might already know about the official website of the city, but I hope this helps.
http://www.city.sagamihara.kanagawa.jp/topold/CitySagamiharaHomepage.htm
by Uco rate this post as useful

... 2006/11/7 10:19
My aunt actually lived in Sagamihara/Zama area for 2 years and I've visited numerous times and I must say its a very nice and quaint city. Nothing too hustly bustly like Tokyo and also has lots of shops that will meet all of your needs.
by ... rate this post as useful

found some info 2006/11/7 13:21
Moca,
i have found someone that is already teaching there (at the same school, actually) you should email me and i can give you some more info...
anytingspicy@yahoo.com
by kerry rate this post as useful

also moving to sagamihara 2007/4/22 16:13
hello
I am moving to Sagamihara in a week.
If you see this it would be great to get in contact with other foreigners living there
Thanks a bunch
by Bel rate this post as useful

Sagamihara to Tokyo 2007/10/7 09:36
Sagamihara is a small town with a U.S. military camp called Camp Zama! The people are very friendly you will love it. The foodis great and they try to speak english as much as possible!
by TC Hunt rate this post as useful

I'm moving there too! 2007/10/31 07:55
Hello,
just wondering how Sagamiharo city is? I am also moving there in January, any tips or helpful information? Is there a lot to do there?
Let me know...thanks for the help!
by AM rate this post as useful

Answer for AM 2007/10/31 23:22
This is for AM... do you happen to be taking a job at AEON? If so, you are probably coming to my school! You can email me at anytingspicy@yahoo.com either way if you want info on sagamihara.
by Kerry rate this post as useful

Sagamihara 2007/11/3 07:22
The best gyoza in the world are at the Gyoza House Mankin in Sagamihara. It's only a few blocks from the station.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

Leaving in 12 days 2007/12/28 09:18
Hi...this is for Kerry...I just sent you an email. Hope to hear from you soon. Sorry for the delayed answer!
Talk to you soon.
AM
by AM rate this post as useful

For AM 2007/12/29 01:09
Hi. I haven't received an email, so i am thinking you probably sent it to anythingspicy. make sure that you send it to anytingspicy@yahoo.com I look forward to hearing from you and will tell you all about sagamihara!
by Kerry rate this post as useful

Working for AEON 2008/1/31 07:15
Hi everyone,
Just a quick question for the AEON people - just wondered what it was like working for AEON? I am wanting to apply to work with the Amity section of AEON, preferably in either Sagamihara or Hon Atsugi.
Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Thanks
by Miss Kitty78 rate this post as useful

yes mankin gyoza is yummy 2008/10/16 18:56
i lived in japan when i was younger and went to mankin many times. when i visit japan and have time, my friends and i eat there! all of the dishes are still paid for ala carte style, but those round gyozas are still as yummy as ever!
by ekmm rate this post as useful

Sagamihara 2008/12/1 15:46
Folks I just love reading your answers. Sagamihara City is not a small one there is a poplation of over 800,000 people and right not they are talking about a cross merege with Machida City. They want to make three special wards. So that would be like three small cities inside a big one.
Sagamihara is not a part of Yokohama but they are inside the same preficture. You are right tho Yokohama and Tokyo are just a short 30 4- min TRAIN ride. Driving would be like 1 1 1/2 hour.

Well, there are many things to do here as such they have kept me here since 1979. I hope anyone that comes to Sagamihara knows that just staying in the house will get you nothing. Get out and enjoy everything there is.
by RH rate this post as useful

reply to this thread