Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 38

1 2
next

hotel in Osaka close to a JR station 2006/10/14 19:24
I am traveling to Japan by way of Kansai Airport in Osaka. I land at 5:40 pm and planned on getting orentated and adjusted to the time change. I am traveling first thing in the morning to Kanazawa. So my question is where do I need to stay so I can get to a JR station in the morning?
by David B  

... 2006/10/15 12:16
The trains to Kanazawa leave from Osaka Station and stop along the way at Shin-Osaka Station. So, a hotel around either of these two stations would be most convenient.
by Uji rate this post as useful

5-7' walk 2006/10/15 15:17
http://www.asiarooms.com/japan/osaka/chisan_hotel_shin-osaka.html

I stayed there a few years ago. Its quite cheap, reasonably comfortable and best of all if you know which way to look you can see it from the station. There is a good map on the link.
by Rod rate this post as useful

Umeda area? 2006/10/15 19:19
If you want to do some shopping or take in some nightlife, I would suggest the Toyoko Inn Umeda Nakatsu, they have good prices:

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00034/index.html

It is 8 minutes walk north of JR Osaka station. They also have two hotels near to Shin-Osaka JR station, but there is less to do in the area.

Rob
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

. 2006/10/16 03:15
Considering he wants to get on the first train in the morning, I recommend any hotel near Osaka/Umeda, or Shin-Osaka Stations.

There are a large number of hotels, from Luxury, to budget in those areas.
by .. rate this post as useful

Thank you 2006/10/16 05:29
Thanks for all the great sugestions.
by David B rate this post as useful

toyoko inn in osaka 2008/3/29 21:10
out of all the toyoko inn hotels in osaka, which do you recommend I stay in? Would Umeda be the best one?

I want to be close to all the night shops and food and near the JR or subway.
by hotspot rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/29 21:55
The Umeda Nakatsu is the best location, next to the subway and about 8-10 minutes walk to JR Osaka station:

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00034/index.html

umeda 2008/3/30 08:03
How is the hotel itself? Is it quite new and quite comfortable. Are the staff able to speak a bit of english?

Thanks

. 2008/3/30 08:11
There are many business hotels that are not Toyoko-inn that are closer to JR Osaka station that are similarly priced and offer more services.

I usually pick the Daiichi Osaka:

http://www.osakadaiichi.co.jp/stay/index_en.html
Single regular rooms at 7200 yen (depending on day).

Pretty much right across the street from Osaka and Umeda Stations, right behind the Hilton. Earlier check-in, later check out times then Toyoko-inn, starbucks in the lobby, basement music stores, a nice business hotel. If you spend a little more, they also have nice remodeled rooms, I stayed in a few months ago. But the regular rooms are standard business hotel style like toyoko-inn.
by John rate this post as useful

Toyoko Inn 2008/3/30 08:46
Hotspot: With regard to your questions about Toyoko Inn Umeda Nakatsu, the hotel opened in July 2000 and I find them very comfortable. As for speaking English, most of the girls understand some English and I have only once had a problem in over 200 nights staying at various Toyoko Inns.

nanba or shinsaibashi 2008/3/30 10:03
Thanks
How about Nanba and shinsaibashi? I thought those areas are more lively and more to do there?

. 2008/3/30 18:02
Personally, I usually stay at the Nanba location but it is in a quiet area, the nearest subway is about 5 minutes walk away and the nearest JR stop is a terminal station that is off the Osaka Loop line with inconvienent connections. It is about 10 minutes walk to the main shopping/nightlife area.

I've not stayed at the Shinsaibashi location, it is close to a subway stop and is about 10 minutes walk from the northern end of the Shinsaibashi covered shopping street, although the nightlife area is much further south (maybe 20-25 minutes walk).

Osaka 2008/3/30 18:13
hotspot
there is lively, and even raunchy, district right in Kita,a few blocks south of the JR Osaka station and just east of Mido-Suji (a major boulevard). The area around Osaka station has lots-like thousands?-of bars and restaurants. Namba is a 30 minutes walk south of Kita, 5 minutes by the Mido-suji subway line.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Umeda and bookings 2008/3/31 16:06
Hi,

There are 2 umeda toyoko inns:
Umeda Nakatsu
Osaka Umeda Higashi.

Which is the better located one i should book. Does anyone know why the no smoking business twin reservations have to be done by phone (it won't allow internet bookings and I don't know Japanese to do it over the phone). Would booking a smoking room be stinky for a non smoker?
by Hotspot rate this post as useful

. 2008/4/1 17:33
As I answered to your original question, Umeda Nakatsu is the best location in Umeda. As for a no smoking Business twin, this is not available at Umeda Nakatsu. The room that requires booking by phone, I believe, may be a disabled access room.

As a non smoker I personally would not book a smoking room, even if the room does not smell too bad of smoke, it is the smoke that comes thru from ajoining rooms that I find to be the biggest problem.

what can i do 2008/4/1 19:49
Thanks RobBeer. I definitely will not get the message across via telephone. Is there an email address for the umeda branch i can contact?
I may just use a translator program on the internet and hope that my message of non smoking rooms can get across.

If all fails, which is the next branch you would recommend that allows online reservations for non smoking rooms

toyoko inn 2008/4/2 05:34
they aren't keen on e-mail. try faxing instead. check number on the hotel page.
by XXY rate this post as useful

fax 2008/4/2 05:58
I thought about faxing but there is no way to confirm they received it or understand what I wrote in the fax. At least with email, they can reply or not reply

. 2008/4/2 07:57
As stated above, it is not possible to email individual hotels.

Can you just confirm the room type you are trying to book, is it a twin bedded room?

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 38

1 2
next

reply to this thread