Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Scenic train route 2006/11/27 18:35
Hi, I found the info. about scenic train route from JTB website (http://www.jtbgmt.com/japannow/experience/experience47.html), for example, the "Resort Shirakami (Gono Line / Akita - Aomori)". I wonder if the JR East Pass is valid on this train ?
by Ton  

... 2006/11/28 16:57
Yes, the JR East Pass is valid on the "Resort Shirakami". Note that advance seat reservations are mandatory. They can be made for free with the JR East Pass. But note that the train only runs for 2 more days (until November 30).

by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks ... 2006/11/29 10:38
Hi Uji,

Thanks for your reply. I still try to find more info. about this scenic train time table but cannot find it. Do you have any advice ?

By the way, I visited Kansai region recently during mid. October and had a good time there. (Thanks for your answers to my questions such as how to travel on JR train with big luggage, info. of RAKU bus, etc, etc.) For my next trip, I am interesting to travel to Tohoku region in October'07 by using JR East Pass. This trip might be more complex than the Kansai trip due to I have to use the combinations of JR Train/Bus (and may be boat?). So I have to plan ahead.
by Ton rate this post as useful

... 2006/11/29 13:04
I still try to find more info. about this scenic train time table but cannot find it. Do you have any advice ?

Here is the timetable:

08:26 Akita
12:42 Hirosaki
13:30 Aomori (arrive)
13:50 Aomori (depart)
14:33 Hirosaki
19:01 Akita
the above train operates daily until November 30 and on weekends and national holidays between December 2 and February 25 (daily from December 28 to January 8).

11:05 Akita
15:50 Hirosaki (arrive)
16:09 Hirosaki (depart)
20:42 Akita
the above train operates daily until from December 28 to January 8 and on February 10, 11 and 12.

For my next trip, I am interesting to travel to Tohoku region in October'07 by using JR East Pass.

The timetable for autumn 2007 has not been published yet! The above is only for winter 2006/2007. Please inquire about timetable details again in late summer 2007.

And I am glad that you had a good trip to the Kansai area!
by Uji rate this post as useful

Schedule for Oct. 2007 2007/5/18 12:49
Hi Uji,

Is the timetable of Oct. 2007 available ? I intend to take this train from Akita to Aomori at the end of Oct. I also change to use JR PASS instead of JR EAST PASS.

Please advise. Thanks.

Resort Shirakami 2007/5/18 13:13
Ton,

Is the timetable of Oct. 2007 available?

No. As Uji wrote last time, you need to wait until late summer (probably around August).
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Resort Shirakami VS JR Gono line 2007/5/18 14:57
Thanks Dave.

Just want to clafify more. Is it correct to say that JR Gono line is the train route, whereas Resort Shirakami is one type of train which runs on this train route (in other words, other types of train also run on this route) ? If it is, then when the Hyperdia info. is "JR Gono line", it may or may not be Resort Shirakami, right ?

Thanks.

Resort Shirakami 2007/5/18 15:27
Ton,

Is it correct to say that JR Gono line is the train route, whereas Resort Shirakami is one type of train which runs on this train route (in other words, other types of train also run on this route)?

Yes, that is correct.

If it is, then when the Hyperdia info. is "JR Gono line", it may or may not be Resort Shirakami, right?

Correct. Although I think it is possible to distinguish the "Resort Shirakami" trains from the regular trains on that line, as they require a 510 yen seat reservation.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Schedule ... 2007/8/13 19:29
Hi ... Please advise if the timetable of Oct. 2007 now available?

Thanks.

reply to this thread