Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Any dance schools in Okinawa City? 2006/12/27 00:50
I was wondering if anyone knew of any dance schools/dance studios in Okinawa ... We just moved here 6 months ago, and I would really like to continue dance classes while we are in Japan. Can anyone tell me if there is anything available? I'd like to stay as close as possible within the area of Okinawa City, Ginowan City, etc., but I'd be willing to travel an hour or so. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :-)
by Chiara  

Dance 2007/6/16 21:50
Moving to Okinawa soon and my daughter is a dancer (Lyrical, jazz, tap, ballet, and hip-hop), would like to contiune her training. Any dance schools there?
by Stikym4 rate this post as useful

Dance School in Okinawa 2007/7/9 13:44
i know of an excellent dance school in Okinawa.
The name is Leon Eri Dance School Okinawa. Visit their web www.LeonEri.com.
My daughter previously do ballet back in US, but in okinawa there isn't any who speak english. So i came across this studio located on HWY 58 itself, they teach Latin and Ballroom Dance like dancing with the stars. I enrolled my daughter for their classes and she has been loving it since then. There is recitals as well every 3 months or so. Take a look,
the owners speak fluent english as they are trained
by top teachers in UK and US.
by Dan rate this post as useful

Dance in Okinawa for girls 11+? 2007/7/14 05:18
We are moving to okinawa around Sept-nov, with the air force and my daughter would like to continue her dance training, are there any studios or private instructors that could work with my daughter age 11? She has been competing for 6 years and doesn't want to get behind, so she may compete when we move back to the states.
by Misty rate this post as useful

Dance Studios in Okinawa 2007/9/22 20:38
I have found several dance studios on Okinawa, although I haven't had time to try any classes yet so I don't know how much English is spoken.

There is a ballet studio called Okinawa City Ballet School in Awase about a half hour from Kadena air base. The teacher there trained in America so I assume she has good English. She teaches the Royal Academy of Dance syllabus of ballet and has all levels from three years old to adult.

There is a studio on the second floor of a building on BC Street outside Kadena Gate 2 called Studio 123 that offers tap, jazz, hip hop, break dancing, and occasionally ballet. They seem to speak some English there.

There is another studio (I don't remember the name) on the other end of the street that appears to offer hip hop and break dance lessons, but they did not have an English class schedule.

There is also a studio by the just off Hwy 58 by Camp Foster that offers hip hop and break dancing. I can't remember this studio's name either, but it is on the third floor above the HIS travel agency in the building behind the big pink Happy Furniture Zone Warp store.

There is also the Leon Eri ballroom dance studio that someone already mentioned, and there are jazz classes for children offered at the Kadena CDC, although I believe there is a long waiting list. Last Spring I also saw children's dance classes offered at the Foster Gunner's gym, but I have not see them again this fall. I also know that the various bases offer free salsa and ballroom lessons for adults at the clubs and community centers.

If you want better directions to any of these studios, email me at chumleyk@aol.com
by Kristin rate this post as useful

Dance studios in Kadena area 2007/12/20 05:05
I am looking for a dance studio in the kadena area, that speaks english, and offers ballet, jazz, hip-hop, lyrical etc. for adults (age 22). Please let me know if you know of any. Thanks!
by Catherine rate this post as useful

Dance schools? 2008/3/4 21:25
Not long moved to kyoto. Just trying to find any good dance school, even if they speak Japanese.

I into ballet, jazz and hip hop.
by Mary26 rate this post as useful

Okinawa city ballet school in Awase 2008/3/10 15:28
My daughter has been with the Ballet school in Awase for 6 months now. She also has been competing for a couple years and dancing for 7 yrs in the states. And she loves the ballet. Her sensei speaks great english. Also I have visited the dance studio 123 and she loved the tap class soon she will be starting there. I can help anyone locate these if needed. As for the classes on base they are focused for the beginners. There is a private tap teacher at the youth center on Kadena. She has been tapping for 14-15 yrs. The pricing for that is 25 dollars per half hour.
by Robin rate this post as useful

tuition free ballet academy 2008/6/24 17:23
Hi, this is Chris from Tokyo.
We are opening right now a tuition free ballet academy with diploma and audition chances to Europe's companies. www.abc-tokyo.com and then the link to ballet schools in English. Don't know if that is of any interest to you, but maybe.
Good luck!
chris
by Christian, director of ABC-Tokyo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread