Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

12-day Itinerary Around Kyushu Islands 2007/1/22 17:45
We wud like to cover Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Kagoshima, Beppu, Kumamoto, Mt Aso, Kurashiki, Nagakshi, Hui Ten Bosh, Okayama, Okinawa, Saga,Miyazaki. What is the recommended route and no of days needed to cover these places in 12-days? Could u draw up a plan including train to travel from one city to another.
by Anna  

... 2007/1/23 10:13
It would help to know where you enter and leave Japan. Fukuoka?

The ideal schedule would be as follows, based on the assumption that you can enter Japan through Okayama Airport (direct flights to Shanghai and Seoul) and leave through Okinawa Airport (direct flights to Shanghai, Seoul, Taipei and Manila):

Okayama - Kurashiki - Hiroshima - Fukuoka - Saga - Nagasaki - Huis Ten Bosch - Beppu - Miyazaki - Kagoshima - (airplane) - Okinawa

I recommedn at least 14 days for that itinerary! 12 days are not enough! And if leave and enter through Fukuoka, I recommend at least 16 days.
by Uji rate this post as useful

12-day Itinerary Around Kyushu Islands 2007/1/23 11:13
Am flying from UK via Singapore to Jpn. Wud u suggest enter Jpn thru Okinawa leave thru Okinawa or enter and leave thru Fukuoka which is the mid part of Kyushu and the internal via train. Can we use our passports to purchase Rail Pass when we are there - i read in the Kyushu Rail office mentioning we can purchase the 5-day etc when we enter Jpn but on other website said we must purchase thru our travel agent before entering Jpn.

Cud u also recommend some Ryokan or family stay at the above points of visit? However we can speak tourist Japanese but unable to reply. Wud this pose a problem for us? We love to experience the cultures.

Thanks for your advice again.
by Anna rate this post as useful

... 2007/1/24 15:32
Wud u suggest enter Jpn thru Okinawa leave thru Okinawa or enter and leave thru Fukuoka

I am afraid, there are no direct flights between Okinawa and Singapore, I believe.

The only airport west of Osaka that has direct flights to Singapore is Fukuoka Airport.

Can we use our passports to purchase Rail Pass when we are there

It depends on the pass, as explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357.html

i read in the Kyushu Rail office mentioning we can purchase the 5-day etc when we enter Jpn

The Kyushu Rail Pass can be purchased inside Kyushu and Narita Airport as mentioned here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_05.html

Kyushu adv 2007/2/8 12:42
Thanks for your useful information and guidance.
by Anna rate this post as useful

From Huis Ten Bosch to Fukuoka 2007/12/17 02:57
Hi ! I am attending the New Year Countdown Party at Huis ten Bosch on 31 Dec. After the Party end at 2 am on 1 Jan, is there any JR Train that leave from Huis Ten Bosch to Fukuoka? What time is the last Train that goes to Fukuoka? Thank you for your information.
by Chris Chin rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/17 07:08
In the night from December 31 to January 1, there will be special trains from Huis ten Bosch to Hakata. Departures from Huis ten Bosch:
1:09, 1:32, 1:54, 2:12 and 2:30

reply to this thread