Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

any baby cereal? what other BB food? 2007/1/31 00:56
will be bringing baby to Japan. wondering what sort of baby food is available for 9th mth baby. is there any baby cereal?
thanks
by singapore mummy  

baby 2007/2/1 08:11
i don't have any knowledge for baby but i'm 100% positively sure that you have no problem finding baby food in japan. they even have non-allergic organic baby food here. just visit local drug store such as Matsumotokiyoshi and ask for english assistant. not so many people apprehend english. good chuck!
by chucky rate this post as useful

... 2007/2/1 17:56
I'm not sure what "baby cereal" is, but quite a wide variety of baby food is available at almost any drug store and supermarket throughout Japan. Bottled, freeze-dried, crackers, Western, Chinese, Japanese, you name it. And I'm sure that being 9 months old, your baby is capable of eating anything the parents mush at the table.

However of course, babies tend to be picky especially when they move to a different environment. Several packages of his/her favorite dried food from home will always be handy.
by Uco, was feeding them 15 yrs ago rate this post as useful

bring your own 2007/2/12 07:19
You may be able to find jars of babyfood but bring your own cereal. I had to import cereal for my children when I lived in Japan. Akachanhonpo (childrens depot for goods/food) is a good bet for jars of food but they never carried cereal. Most rice cookers have a baby cereal setting that the Japanese use to make a mush - I found it too glutenous for babies!
good luck!
by been there done that rate this post as useful

closest location? 2008/8/26 11:45
is there a store or super market close by Shinsaibashi, Osaka that i can buy baby foods (eg. bb veggies/fruits from a jar)?
many thanks!

by silly rate this post as useful

reply to this thread