Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

COE issue 2007/2/8 22:09
hello.. im just confused.. my husband is a japanese and he applied for COE last january 30 for spouse and for my son and daughter (also japanese nnationality). My husband told me that the immigration called him for an interview? it means that there's a prblem with his papers? is it possible to deny his COE because of his financial status? pls let me know about this..thanks!
by shawie  

another possible reason: 2007/2/9 08:45
Maybe they want to make sure that it is a real marriage.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.. 2007/2/9 08:46
I'm a bit confused, if your son and daughter are japanese why is he applying for a COE for them? They don't need it if they are Japanese nationals.

The only person he would need to apply for a spouce visa would be you if you are not a Japanese national.
by .. rate this post as useful

COE issue 2007/2/9 18:09
My son is a japanese but he was born here in the Phils. and my elder daughter is a filipino.. illegitemate. my husband applied for a family visa last january... I am just confuse if there is a possible to deny our visa? COE? I am worried because of his financial status. And the immigration called him that he has an interview next week.. by the way weve been married for 3 years now.
by shawie rate this post as useful

. 2007/2/9 23:07
If your son is Japanese it doesn't matter what country he was born in, he is considered a Japanese Citizen/National if he:
Is registered in Japan and/or carries a Japanese passport, if he does then he doesn't need a COE. If your son was born with your Japanese husband he can apply for Japanese citizenship and get a Japanese passport, which eliminites the need for a COE for him.

Only you and your daughter.

The interview can be for many many purposes, one item as mention would be to confirm that you and your husband are actually married, there are times where people make a fake marriage to get a visa, so Immigration checks to see if it is real or not. The interview could be about financial status, it can be about some other information about the application.

We can't answer it, you'll either have to ask immigration officials that question or wait and see what happens.

by John rate this post as useful

just curious 2007/2/14 21:51
hi there..i read ur problem.. we have the same problem because my husband also applying for my COE as the same my my elder son. The immigration called my husband for an interview and my husband told that the immigration wants to know if my husband and i are really married... i have one question...it will affect my COE if my husband income is only 200,000 he lives in gunma ken, maebashi... it will affect my COE? and we have a son now .. by the way I am from the Phils.. and also if my husband salary would affect my COE..is it okay if i can show my bank statement? pls help me coz i really dont know what t to...thanks..and lastly, weve been married for 4 years now. thanks
by pam rate this post as useful

COE 2007/2/16 22:05
Hi there this is shawie... My husband called a while ago and he told me that he had an interview (japan immigration). regarding COE. He told me that the immigration asked him regarding my daughter and son. He have to wait for 2 mos. It means that my COE is okay? Pls give ur comments..i am so confused because i really miss my husband.

just confused 2007/4/6 09:49
hi there... i am so confused because until nw im still waitng for my COE.. my husband applied my COE last week of January and he had an interview at the immigration on feb 16 and they tod him we have to wait for 2mos. they after a month my Jhusband called the immigration for followup... I am suprised because the immigration told him that he must go to the immigration ...i dunno why maybe because of some questionns or lack of documents...but why is it they didnt call us from the start and why they waited for my husband to call them just to inform them that there is a problem in my documents? I am so depressed because we dont know how long we will wait for my COE. =(

. 2007/4/6 09:54
I'd wait another month to see.

sad 2007/4/6 09:59
yeah john... we dont have a choice...we have to wait for anther month/s. I am so depressed because i miss my husband so much and i dunno what will happen next... Just think positive... waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!

... 2007/4/8 11:08
It is not unusual for a COE to take 2-3 months to be completed.

confused 2007/4/8 15:38
so uji, do u think my COE will deny? coz my husband submitted my COE last week of January...and he got an interview last feb 16 then the immigration told him that he should wait for 2 mos.. then again the immigration ask my husbad to go to immigration for some questions or maybe lack of documents... what do u think? i am so confused...

. 2007/4/8 15:54
The only thing you can do is wait it out, I don't think none of us can tell you the answer. Again last week of January, it does take up to three months to process the COE so it can be either be this or next month for an answer.

COE for skilled labor 2007/6/18 13:38
Will Japan Embassy reject a person with less than 10 years' working experience.
by LVSweet rate this post as useful

COE status in Japan 2007/9/16 16:13
NikkoCitigroup in Japan has offered a job to me and has filed my COE in Japan. Its alrady a month after applying for the COE. How much time does it take to process the COE? Is there a way that someone can find the curret status and time left for the COE to arrive? and does the Japan government give out this information?
by mukesh rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/16 16:57
@mukesh..

usually 1 and a half month.
but it may take up to 3 months.

yes, your employer can inquire by calling to the immigration office.
by ... rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/16 19:24
It depends on how busy the immigration authorities are and on whether it is an easy case as opposed to a complicated case.

Easy cases usually take 3-6 weeks. More complicate cases can take 2 months or more.

My COE took me 2 months plus.. 2007/9/17 00:04
Took me more than 2 months to get my COE, which I used it to apply my Spouse visa at local Japan embassy. Visa only took me 3 days.
by huds_n rate this post as useful

reply to this thread