Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheap international phone card in Japan? 2007/2/22 23:31
Hi folks,

I`ve recently moved to Japan, and I`m looking for a cheap international phone card for calling the UK.

Before anyone mentions Skype - I actually don`t plan to get a computer here (I prefer to limit my internet time by using internet cafes), and also my family in the UK that I call regularly don`t have internet access.

So far I have been using the KDD Superworld card, but it seems to cost me over 100 Yen a minute to call home.

There seem to be a number of different international phone cards available when I look on the web browser at Family Mart convenience store - including ones by NTT, Softbank etc.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated - thanks :)

Howell
by HP  

. 2007/2/24 19:35

http://www.startoption.com/uk.html
From Japanese landline to UK landline

SkyWorld 5.7yen/min
Vivaplus 9yen/min (0.9yen/6sec)
CosmoGold 8.5yen/min
Brastel 9yen/min (0.9yen/6sec)
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Calling back to Malaysia 2007/2/25 13:26
may I know how about phone card calling back to Malaysia, which one is the cheapest one? Thanks
by Alan rate this post as useful

Brastel card is great, thanks! 2007/3/16 00:57
Thanks very much everyone - I have bought a Brastel card, and I am very impressed with the both the line quality from my cell phone and the very low cost of calls. I am now able to make long calls home for a reasonable price. Thanks!
by HP rate this post as useful

. 2007/3/16 05:14
http://www.startoption.com/mh.html
From Japanese landline to Malaysia

SkyWorld 6.6yen/min
CosmoGold 8.4yen/min
VivaPlus 13yen/min (1.3yen/6sec)
Brastel 11yen/min (1.1yen/6sec)
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

phone card 2007/3/16 12:50
if anyone knows about the cheapest phone cards calling from japan to sri lanka.pls let me know.thanks alot
by sam rate this post as useful

Brastel? 2007/4/23 03:18
If I were to order a Brastel phone card from America (online, of course), would my boyfriend in Japan be able to use it (after I give him the info, of course)?
by Jen rate this post as useful

. 2007/5/4 17:02
You don't need to order one - he can just pick one up from any convenience store and use one of the payment slips in the pack to put some credit on it. I think you may be able to top it up for him online.
by sutefu rate this post as useful

Cheap Calling Cards 2007/5/11 05:38
http://www.nationalcallingcards.com

Check it out real chip pinless phone cards.. you gotta love it
and cheap too
by MyOwnPic rate this post as useful

onesuite.com 2008/7/15 18:30
Try onesuite.com, they got fairly good rates around the globe. You can access your usage online and call history so you can check if you are getting charge correctly. This way there will be no dissappearing mnutes just like the other phone cards.
by Josh rate this post as useful

+ 1 to Onesuite 2008/8/4 05:26
WE've been using Onesuite for year and we're getting very good service from them. We've tried it in Japan and it worked.
by Jackie rate this post as useful

Cheapest Rates 2008/8/21 20:48
Hello all I have found a site called www.Com4cents.com the seem to have the best rates online.
by Tblack rate this post as useful

try phone-card.goeport.com 2008/8/27 19:40
You can buy online from
www.phone-card.goeport.com
by device rate this post as useful

reply to this thread