Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese men 2007/2/25 14:09
Just out of curiousity, are japanese guys usually generous about spending money on their dates/gfs? In terms of gifts or just going out, do they usually go dutch or not?
by Shanon  

.. 2007/2/26 16:33
It all depends on the guy as anywhere else in the world.
by tokyonet rate this post as useful

dutch 2007/2/27 08:04
It's more common in Japan, I think especially among younger people, to split the cost of the bill on dates. At least in America, it's often assumed the man pays but this is definitely not the case in Japan. Like the previous poster said, it depends on the person, but it's definitely not out of the ordinary to split the cost.
by Pat rate this post as useful

I think so 2007/9/8 22:13
I dont know about Japanese men in Japan, but i have been in realtionships with Jmen in my country in the past and they always pay for dinner/dates. But if i try to pay or share the bill they let me. But my Jboyfriend right now seems to be very attentive when i start fishing for my wallet. he pays the bill fast. I hope this info will help you.
by Meng rate this post as useful

dates 2007/9/9 15:42
Right from when we first started dating my Japanese husband and I split the bill on dates ( we live in Japan).

It very much depends on the person I think. When I was dating I wasn't really comfortable with the guy paying for the both of us- it's the 21st century, I don't see any reason for the guy to pay.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Depend on individual 2007/9/21 19:39
My Japanese boyfriend paid for everything. If i want to buy him a nice dinner, then I'll inform him first. He told me on our first date that Japanese man are suppose to pay for the bills coz is their pride. He is the only Japanese guy that i knew so i can't speak for the rest.
by chelle rate this post as useful

depends on the situation too 2007/9/25 15:54
if the guy is older&has a Job then it is more possible for the guy to pay.
if he's younger or is a student usually we go dutch, or sometimes the woman pays.
by mixed JP/US rate this post as useful

.. 2007/9/25 22:14
My Japanese boyfriend is 9 years older than me. Not sure if it's abt the age or just the way they are, Japanese men seem to be very generous...they could spend hundreds on meals and dun blink an eye. Call it chauvinism but this seem to be common. Let it be.
by Amanda rate this post as useful

reply to this thread