Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa requirements for NCLEX in Japan? 2007/2/25 15:54
I am a Filipino citizen presently residing here in the Philipines. I am a registered nurse and i am planning to take the NCLEX examination in Japan this March. What visa is required for my case and how can i obtain such? what are the requirements. Thank you so much and God bless.
by donalyne bondad  

.. 2007/2/26 16:30
Can you read and write Japanese and know the medical terms in Japanese? If not, how do you expect to read doctors' orders in a chart?

Here in the US, the success rate for the Filipinos for passing NCLEX is about 10%.

by RN in the US rate this post as useful

i think you underestimated the question 2007/2/26 16:56
Taking NCLEX in japan doesn't mean i have to take it in japanese language. And you're asking if i know how to speak NIPONGO? Yes, i do! NCLEX, by the way is issued by NCSBN and not by Japan. Furthermore, japan is just one of the international test center for NCLEX. Well, anyway, thanks for responding to the question though not significant at all. And thanks, i got a touris visa to Japan with the help of other concerned individuals, (Without considering prejudism or stereotyping).
by Donalyne Bondad rate this post as useful

. 2007/2/26 18:53
RN Nurse, the NCLEX is not given in Japanese, Japan is just one of many locations that have test sites to take the test.

If one wanted to be a nurse in Japan, you would take a totally different exam than NCLEX developed by the Japanese medical society, that test would indeed be in Japaense.
by . rate this post as useful

.. 2007/2/27 05:40
Are you guys talking about NCLEX for California license? If so, the passing rate for the Filipino RNs are about 40%. The data clearly shows that they miss many psych questions. So study them.

If it's not California test, what is NCLEX anyway?

by me rate this post as useful

.. 2007/2/27 06:24
The NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensure EXamination-Registered Nurse) is a computer-adaptive test of entry-level nursing competence.

Its not a state examination, but rather a competence test for entry level people who move on to licensure.

Not sure why some are giving statistics of failure, stats mean nothing 10_40% pass, this person could be in that bracket, please give some useful information. Which apparently some of you don't even know exactly what the NCLEX is or what languages it is offered in.
by .. rate this post as useful

.. 2007/2/28 06:53
Above statement is not completely true. People in the US take the NCLEX to pass the state board. If you pass, your RN license is issued by the state in which she/he lives. If you move to another state, she/he has to apply for a license in that state.

So if a Filipino passes the NCLEX she took in Japan, what license does she get if any?

by CA RN rate this post as useful

. 2007/2/28 08:52
What I'm saying is the NCLEX is NOT a state exam, it is a National Exam. Application procedure and licensing requirements are determined by each State Board of Nursing and may differ from state to state.

What I'm saying is the states don't develope the NCLEX where each state has a different NCLEX, its nationally developed, the states use the NCLEX as part of their licensure procedures whatever that maybe.

So yes if someone moves to another state they would have to apply for licensure in that state again, but they do not have to take the NCLEX.

If someone takes the NCLEX overseas, they have the test and scores ready, for whatever state they later intend to practicing nursing in. Foreign RN's also have a lot more tests and immigration procedures they have to go through as well.
by .. rate this post as useful

.. 2007/2/28 09:05
Now I got it.

Thank you for your answer!
by CA RN rate this post as useful

florida nclex exam 2008/8/3 08:47
i just want to ask if somebody taking the exam for florida encounter the 2 hour online study regarding mediacal errors.thanks..please help me about this..
by bernadette rate this post as useful

reply to this thread