Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tsukiji on March 7 2007/3/4 00:57
I plan to go to Tsukiji on Wednesday, March 7. But I heard that the market will be closed on some Wednesday. I would like to make sure that will the market open on Wednesday, March 7.

Thank you.
by ichi  

... 2007/3/4 11:44
It will be open on March 7, 2007:
http://www.tsukiji.or.jp/calendar/calendar.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

get up early! 2007/3/4 14:03
and make sure you get on that early morning, 1st train out to Tsujiki! There's a lot happening at 6am, and you'll be surprised how much of it dies down in an hour or two walking around to see everything!

--

Dress warm! and pee before you go! (bathrooms are very hard to find in the hubbub of this place!)
by adorable rate this post as useful

What time ? 2007/3/4 22:51
How can i get there early ?

Taxi ? Train ? Walk ? Hitchhike ?

Should i wake up early and take a cab at 4:30 AM or should i just stay up after being out all night and get there before 5 AM?

Is it worth it? I want to try to eat at Daiwa Sushi, or Sushidai. Id rather not wait 9 hours in line. How early to go?

thank-you
by Rithy rate this post as useful

Get up Early 2007/3/5 01:30
It is best to get up very early and take the first train available, it is a huge site and amazing to see, all of the live things and the Tuna auctions
by John rate this post as useful

-Me 2007/3/5 08:36
I thought the fish auction in the morning is closed for the public?

When you say the first train, when does subway open?
by fish auction closed for public rate this post as useful

... 2007/3/5 08:41
The subway starts running from around 5am. Close stations are Tsukiji Station on the Hibiya Line and Tsukiji Shijo Station on the Oedo Line:
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Daiwa Sushi 2008/3/5 10:44
We (me and one other) got to Daiwa Sushi at a little after 7 am, and there was a short line, maybe 9,10 people ahead of me. We waited a little over an hour to be seated, since it is small. The food was great though, and the chefs were very personable. When we left the restaurant, I think there were maybe 20 or so people in line. So you definitely would want to get there as early as you can.
by Bob rate this post as useful

Daiwa sushi 2008/3/6 17:49
If you visit Daiwa sushi after 7.30am, the line takes about 45 minutes-one hour. In my experience, the wait was totally worth it.
by Nico rate this post as useful

reply to this thread