Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama Hida Beef 2007/3/4 08:51
Hi,we are heading to Takayama this month and would like to try Hida Beef. Which restaurant serves the best Hida Beef? How much? Thanks.
by Jacklyn  

Expensive!!! 2007/3/5 21:17
I went to Takayama last summer but I did not try the beef at any of the restaurants. I don't remember exact prices but a lot of stuff was in the 4000 and up range for just beef. I don't know what your budget is but I personally opted for the hida beef yakitori which I think was 500 yen.
by The Traveler rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2007/3/6 20:16
Thanks for your help. Appreciate that!
by Jacklyn rate this post as useful

Hida Beef 2008/3/6 21:47
Hi,I am a Japapanese female and my hometown is Takayama(I'm living in Gifu-city now).
I searched websites of Hida Beef restaurants in Takayama, but found no English page. I'm sorry.
Yes, Hida Beef is expensive, but it is very delicious!
Here is the website of Hida Beef restaurant ''The Kitchen Hida''(Japanese page).
Lunch menu is 2500 yen and up.
http://kitchenhida.com/modules/menu1/content/index.php?id=16

This is the official website of Takayama-city.
http://www.hida.jp/english/cuisine.htm

If you have chance to come to Gifu-city, please check ''Bakuro-ichidai'' in Gifu-city. It is also high class Hida Beef restaurant.

However, I think there are lots of delicious foods in Japan other than Hida Beef. Please check them out if you'd like.

I hope you have a nice trip in Japan!
by bb rate this post as useful

Hida Beef 2008/3/7 11:01
I haven't been to a hida beef restaurant in Takayama but during the spring festival and the summer months you can buy Hida Beef skewers from storefronts and stands - it maybe year-round now, I don't know. It's a cheap but delicious way to sample some hida beef.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

Sukiyaki 2008/3/20 10:34
We stayed at the Rickshaw Inn in Takayama a few years ago and they recommended a good sukiyaki restaurant that served Hida beef. Of course I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but perhaps if you asked at the Inn they could tell you. The food was amazing, it wasn't too expensive considering it was sukiyaki, and sukiyaki is always a great classic Japanese meal...something to experience when you are in Japan!
by Amy K rate this post as useful

Takayama Hida Beef 2008/3/21 00:09
There are several restaurants in Takayama that serves Hida Beef. I think one of the good one is called "Maruaki" - I hope I got the name right. The beef is very fresh and it just melts in the mouth. It is my best experience with eating Japanese beef!!
by Debbie Yong rate this post as useful

Good info: 2008/3/21 09:09
''If you have chance to come to Gifu-city, please check ''Bakuro-ichidai'' in Gifu-city. It is also high class Hida Beef restaurant.''

I will definitely look this place up. Gifu city is an easy day trip from Nagoya so it beats going all the way up to Takayama. And Takayama is a royal pain-in-the-butt to get to from Tokyo.

by Clevor rate this post as useful

Hida Beef in Takayama 2008/7/5 10:20
The yakitori skewers are definatley a good value on the street. There's one next to the Best Western Hotel for 330Y. Besides that, you can have a decent size portion of Hida beef in Takayama at "Origin" which is just across the street from the south end of the train station. Look for all the bamboo poles out front. We had an entire meal for 2 for around $35US including Hida Beef. Watch the beverages, that's where it starts to add up.
by Bryan rate this post as useful

A nice place to eat Hida Beef 2008/8/5 20:21
Hi there,
I went to a restaurant in Takayama recommended by the Lonely Planet Guide and although it was not a cheap place, the experience was great. Apparently, the restaurant belongs to a guy that raises the cows he sells. You just go there, you choose the meat you want to eat and you cook it yourself within the restaurant. I bought half a steak I saw in the stall of the gbutcher-restauranth, asked for some plain rice, a big bottle of Asahi Super Dry beer and I paid like 5.500. The meat was great but I eat meat as good as that one in my little Basque Country for a bit less than that. Kobe meat might be better but as I saw in a Seibu superstore, 100 gr cost as much as 21.000. The gbutcher-restauranth is close to the Rickshaw Inn but you can get the name and location if you look at the Takayama eateries in the Lonely Planet Japan Guide in any bookshop for free.
by Kirru rate this post as useful

reply to this thread