Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

any interesting things about Edogawa-ku? 2007/3/5 06:34
I will soon move to Edogawa-ku and I'm currently doing some research about this place. Do any of you know interesting facts, tips, or can recommend shops, restaurants, etc... I would be happy to know a few insights. Is there alot of people that can speak English or French there? Thank you.
by Johnny  

Its a hole 2007/3/8 09:13
Sorry man Edogawa-ku is a hole. I lived in Kasai for 5 years before moving to Sengoku. It has zero gaijins pretty much. Itfs only plus is that itfs cheap since itfs on the outskirts of Tokyo.

Places to Eat: El Toritos in Nishi-Kasai
Places of Interest: Disneyland and Disneysea are pretty close. Odabai is close as well as Tokyo Teleport.
by solomani rate this post as useful

Thank you 2007/3/10 20:39
Well... I hope it's a nice hole. Thank you solomani
by Johnny rate this post as useful

Surprise 2007/3/11 02:17
You will be surprised to see what an quiet place there is in one part of nosiy and crowded Tokyo Metropolis.

Fortunately, public transportation in tokyo is quite good and it's easy to go to downtowns.
by ..... rate this post as useful

edogawa 2007/3/11 03:38
i lived in that area last year and it was nice because it was not far to get to tokyo, thus you can do anything you want to do! enjoy your time there...
by meg rate this post as useful

Nice place 2007/3/14 11:27
Funabori and Nishi-Kasai area is nice and quiet. There are many parks there. The place is very residential and not far from downtown, which is good because for a foreigner there might not be many job opportunities in Edogawa-ku. Of course, there are english schools...
by ara rate this post as useful

Thank you 2007/3/18 21:58
Thanks everyone, I'll take every bit of information I can find. What are best English schools in Edogawa? Do some of them pay substantially more than others?

Think outside the ku 2007/3/19 12:54
Edogawa-ku is quite a small area- one of 23 "ku" or wards of Metropolitan Tokyo.
Don't restrict your job search to Edogawa as you can be in other areas of Tokyo in 10-20 mins on the subways and trains.

Have a look at www.ohayosensei.com or www.eslcafe.com job listings- there are many other job sites as well.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Chiba is close from Edogawa-ku 2007/3/21 23:21
Like Sira said, don't limit your jobhunting to Edogawa. As a matter of fact, you can even look for jobs in Chiba since it's very close.
by Pat rate this post as useful

i like kasai 2007/3/25 01:37
more than when i was in ueno.
because it is quite & as someone said, there are a lot of parks & open space. kasai rinkai koen(tokyo sea life park) is pretty nice if you like to go for a run, bike or BBQ & have a few beers then take in the view from the ''little'' ferris wheel.

Transportation is good(at least 4 or 5 lines) that will get you in to downtown within 15 to 25 minutes.

nishi-kasai has more going on than say, minami-kasai. i'm no fan of disney, but it's very close, if thats your thing.

i don't know about french, but i get by with english & my crappy japanese. I see a few gaijin around every now & then.

you can find much better than ''El Toritos'' is that even mexican? i don't think so.

by 87 rate this post as useful

87 2007/3/27 00:37
When you say you get by with "english & crappy japanese" do you mean that many people in the area have some understanding of English? Is English your mother tongue? How long have you been living in Edogawa-ku? Thank you.
by Jonnhy rate this post as useful

Jonnhy 2007/3/27 12:23
sorry about that. i should have said, i get by with my crappy japanese. i've been here about 2 years & have not met many english spearkers, aside from the kids at 7-11 who like to practice there english with me as i try out my japanese on them. yes, ebglish is my native tongue.
by 87 rate this post as useful

87 2007/3/29 08:16
Very interesting, thank you.

A lot probably 2008/7/17 17:27
There are haku yen shops everywhere in edogawa...it's where you can buy useful and cheap stuff. I have lived near Hirai, Edogawa ku. Not a lot of jobs for foreigners like us there. But still, there are lots of benefits for old people in this place. That's why my stepdad lives there.
by damnedangel rate this post as useful

reply to this thread