Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

what to do in beppu? 2007/3/16 08:19
I am staying in beppu for a couple of days, what should I do to get the most out of it, where are some good friendly places to go at night, I am travelling by myself 40 years old. I am staying near beppu staition
by David  

... 2007/3/16 12:20
Bath, bath and bath. I recommend to try out all types of baths, including regular hot water baths, sand baths, mud baths and steam baths. The tourist desk has an English list of public baths.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.. 2007/8/26 11:19
Anything else to do besides onsen? I just want to see the sites? How long will it take? 1/2 day good?
by .. rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/26 11:44
You don't seem to be a fan of search engines...

What to do in Beppu:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4700.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Nothing much 2007/8/26 20:29
There is nothing much to do in Beppu (I lived there for a year so I know what I'm talking about!)

The sex museum is mildly interesting... the hot spring "hell" tour is pretty boring and I don't reccomend it.

Beppu has some good bars though. All the foreigners hang out at either the Sports Bar or this other bar called 69 or something like that. Any way they are both right next to each other, really close to Beppu station. I like the Sports bar because they have a 2000 yen all you can drink thing. The other bar, 69 is more expensive but the bar tenders are all foreign and pretty nice.

Basically the only thing to do in Beppu is drink... you might want to try going to Oita because there is more to do there. From Beppu station its like a 20 minute train ride.
by Gaijinjland rate this post as useful

reply to this thread