Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to say this in Japanese? 2007/3/16 19:42
Hi there, could someone please help me to translate this sentence in japanese? I'll be going to Tokyo soon and could speak very limited Japanese. I'm afraid that when i ask something in Japanese, I won't be able to catch it quickly. So how do you say "I"m sorry, I can speak very little Japanese, so please bear with me?"

Thank you.
by myc0  

Have fun in Japan! 2007/3/16 22:09
"I"m sorry, I can speak very little Japanese, so please bear with me?"

Amali nihongo ga dekimasen.
ilo ilo tasukete ne.
(Hope you can pronounce ok this words.)

I changed "so please bear with me?" to "Please help me when I need to speak (listen)Japansese."
because "so please bear with me?"sentence is hard to translate Japanese. The way i wrote is more natural Japanese i reckon :)
by Billy rate this post as useful

Arigatoo gozaimasu! 2007/3/16 23:17
Thank you Billy. I'm so excited. This is my first time going to Japan. My boyfriend and I will be going there for 10 days and we are very nervous as neither of us can speak Japanese well. As for the pronounciation, do you say "ilo ilo" or "iro iro"?
by myc0 rate this post as useful

L vs. R 2007/3/17 13:48
Most people would write it as iro and not ilo... The L sound is phonetically impossible in Japanese (which I'm guessing you know since you asked the question) Do you know how to pronounce a Japanese R? If not check out this site http://japanese.about.com/blqow13.htm
It's easier than me trying to explain it :)
by TheRage800 rate this post as useful

Iro iro 2007/3/17 21:47
Hi there
I wanted to write ''iro iro'' but I think 'ilo ilo'' would be better to pronunce for you. Because Japansece dont use R sound.
I hope you have a nice time in Japan!!!!! You'll love there!
by Billy rate this post as useful

how do i say this? 2007/3/23 18:23
how could i say.. "how could you do this to me? " in japanese? lol
by .... rate this post as useful

Please speak slowly 2008/3/1 06:49
Please speak slowly -- Yukkuri hanashi te kudasai
by Melissa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread