Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinagawa Prince Hotel. good spot? 2007/3/22 06:14
hey everyone,

im 22 , ill be in tokyo next month from april 20 to april 29. this is actually my first time flying overseas. i booked the prince hotel already, i just want some opinions on that place. and also, i heard its like an hour from narita to tokyo. is that true? anyways id appreciate the advice . take care. peace
by Ish  

yes 2007/3/22 15:19
It's very convenient. Directly right across the Shinagawa train station for a bunch of different lines and also the shinkansen.

It takes about 1 and a half hours to get from Narita to Shinagawa by Limousine bus, 3000 yen per person. Faster if you catch the NEX from Narita.

I just got back from there, had a great time. Enjoy!!!
by KU rate this post as useful

Yeah..! 2007/3/22 18:44
I was in Japan last april and i loved the Shinagawa Hotel :D And there was a lot to do only at the hotel i remember :P
by Dino rate this post as useful

I'm staying there too! 2007/3/22 21:39
My husband and I will be staying at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel 1st of April to 9th of April. We were just in Tokyo in September, but stayed at the New Takanawa Hotel slightly across the street. It is a much easier walk from the train station to Shinagawa Prince than to New Takanawa. Like others have said, there is a ton of stuff to do just at the hotel. The Shinagawa area is a great area to stay in as it is pretty central to other popular "districts" in Tokyo. It will take about 90 minutes from Narita to Shinagawa via Airport Limo Bus http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/

I think that the rooms may be smaller than other hotels in the area, but like I always say...I'm only there to sleep, not live in the hotel room! Is this your first trip to Tokyo?
by Korey rate this post as useful

Shinagawa 2007/3/22 22:58
Shinagawa is a lovely place to stay. It's really convenient with the staton just across the street. Have stayed at all the Prince hotels there: Shinagawa,New Takanawa, New Takanawa Sakura Tower and Takanawa. While Shinagawa Prince Hotel is the nearest to the station, I found it the most crowded and noisy. The Takanawas are quieter and my personal favourite is the Sakura Tower. But all are still good rest assured.
by Geoffrey rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/3/23 13:38
thanks alot for the replys. yeah its my first time in japan. is there any other recommendations u guys have ?? anything would be appreciated. thanks. peace
by Ish rate this post as useful

Itinerary 2007/3/24 15:30
The best thing to do is to check out this web-site first and see what catches your interest. There is so much info including train schedules that planning is easy. You have about 9 days so you have time to do a pretty good sweep of Tokyo and even catch Kyoto for a couple of days. Some places in Tokyo: Odaiba,Ginza,Shinjuku,Tsukiji,Asakusa, Harajuku (Sundays), Disneyland. Consider getting a 7-day JR Pass (if you are going Kyoto) which will save you a bundle and also cover your train fare from Narita into Tokyo.
by Geoffrey rate this post as useful

Shinagawa Prince "new tower" 2007/3/24 21:37
Be sure to book a room at the so called 'new tower" and not at the "Annex". The rooms of the "Annex" are very small and a little worn out.
by Johny rate this post as useful

best in Shinagawa 2007/3/24 21:42
I often use this hotel when I make a bussiness trip to Tokyo.
I think it is the best hotel in Shinagawa area.
by Hiroki rate this post as useful

it's all good 2007/3/28 06:01
I've gotten so many good responses about the Shinagawa prince.

I'll be there for a week starting April 2nd.
by dale rate this post as useful

. 2007/3/28 06:16
As mentioned if you book a room, book in the New Tower or Executive tower (they are changing the names now), these are the newer parts of the hotel, the annex, and main tower are the older type rooms (btw they are changing the names of the buildings soon).

The hotel area is not too interesting, some shopping around, its keypoint is location near Shinagawa Station, its on the Yamanote Line, some Shinkansen, Narita Express also stop there. So you're not too far from Shinjuku, Tokyo, or Yokohama. I find it to be an ok neutral location when you can't decide on staying in Shinjuku, or Marunouchi, or some other district in Tokyo.
by John rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary 2007/3/28 17:03
Personally, I am not so convinced about the JR rail pass.

I think you have to look at the different places you want to go and calculate the cost for individual trips. If it is more expensive then get the rail card.

However, to be really worth it you need to make several long trips in a short time. If you dash over to Kyoto then do you really want to move on somewhere else within a day or two ?

Also, even though it is a "pass" it is always worth going to the window and getting a reserved seat (no cost), if possible. You don't want to stand all the way from Tokyo to Kyoto like I once did.
by koan rate this post as useful

Shinagawa Prince Hotel 2007/12/2 17:04
Has anyone stayed in the renovated part of the Main Tower? We have a trip coming up in March and are staying in the renovated section. I read a lot of reviews from before they renovated it but nothing afterwards and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on it.
by EdwardUS rate this post as useful

Shinagawa Prince 2007/12/3 14:18
Wife and I had a great time at the Shinagawa Prince. The older renovated towers are offer cheaper accomodation and are not as great as the newer rooms in the new tower. You pay for what you get. Overall, a great hotel in a greater location.
by TravelToJapan rate this post as useful

great location 2007/12/3 16:08
I went solo to Japan in Sept. I stayed at the Shinagawa Prince. It was literally the perfect location. I would wake up, walk across the street, and explore Tokyo. So easy.
by nate rate this post as useful

reply to this thread