Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 33

1 2
next

Tokyo Metro Open Ticket One Day Pass? 2007/4/6 09:39
I am staying in Kawasaki. I wanted to visit Ueno Park, Akihabara & Tokyo Tower?

I am planning to buy Tokyo Metro Open Ticket One Day Pass (710 Yens).

Is this pass valid from Kawasaki?
Or
which is nearest station from Kawasaki, from where I can use this pass?

Thanks
Sandy
by Sandy  

. 2007/4/8 10:58
Tokyo Metro trains don't go to Kawasaki.

Kawasaki, Ueno and Akihabara are all on the JR Keihin Tohoku Line, paying single fare tickets or using a prepaid card is your best option.
by John rate this post as useful

... 2007/4/8 11:00
Is this pass valid from Kawasaki?

No! It is only valid on subway trains operated by Tokyo Metro.

Using JR wouldbe much more convenient. Single tickets from Kawasaki to Ueno to Akihabara to Hamamatsucho (close to Tokyo Tower) to Kawasaki cost 950 Yen.

which is nearest station from Kawasaki, from where I can use this pass?

That would be somewhere in central Tokyo, for example, Shimbashi.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.... 2007/4/8 23:21
Thank you John-san & Uji-san for the clarification.

Actually is 950 yen ticket is valid if I get down at places and again catch the train?

Here is my itinerary.

Start from Kawasaki

Kawasaki - Tokyo Tower (1 hr at Tokyo Tower)

Tokyo Tower - Akihabara (Some shopping)

Akihabara - Ueno (Some 2-3 hrs sightseeing)

Ueno - Kawasaki.

So the best option may to go to Shimbashi from Kawasaki and buy a One Day Metro Ticket and follow the same for return journey.

Thanks
Sandy

by Sandy rate this post as useful

. 2007/4/9 04:05
Your plan is a waste of money.

So the best option may to go to Shimbashi from Kawasaki and buy a One Day Metro Ticket and follow the same for return journey.

Kawasaki-Shimbashi 290 yen
Tokyo Metro One day ticket 710yen
Shimbashi-Kawasaki 290 yen

= 1290 yen
-----------------
Single fare tickets:
Kawasaki- Hamamatsucho -290yen
Hamamatsucho-Akihabara -150yen
Akihabara - Ueno - 130yen (by JR)
Ueno-Kawasaki - 380 yen

=950 yen

As you can see just purchasing single fare tickets is cheaper.

. 2007/4/9 04:14
You don't purchase a 950yen ticket you purchase the tickets individually depending on where you are going. You can also use a prepaid card such as Suica or PASMO to eliminate the need to purchase individual tickets each time, but purchasing individual tickets for short distance travel is easy.

JR 2007/4/9 12:43
You may be better off getting a Tokunai JR day pass.

This pass covers JR in the central Tokyo area for 730yen.

It is valid from Kamata Station, which is one station from Kawasaki. It would cost more from Kawasaki. e.g. even if you had to buy single fares Kamata-Kawasaki, it would be 300 + 730 =1030yen, or slightly less if you buy the Tokunai pass from Kawasaki, which would include the extra station.

If you intend to go to ANYWHERE else around Tokyo, then a Tokunai pass would be the cheapest. (e.g. John said single fare are 950yen, but even one other stop would cost another 130, which would add to be 1080yen)

Choose a Tokunai pass at the ticket machine, by pressing "English" then the discount ticket button, then "Tokunai".

by Sandy (the other Sandy!!) rate this post as useful

Which one worth? JR or Tokyo Metro 2007/4/9 16:08
Hi
I have one day stay in Tokyo and now planning to to Shinjuku, Shibuya,Harajuku, Ikebukuro
Which one worth?
JR one day pass or Tokyo Metro one day pass
Thanks
by Littlecat rate this post as useful

. 2007/4/9 16:17
All those places are easily accessable by JR trains.

However, without knowing where you are staying at (your start location), its hard to tell if a pass is good or not. It might be cheaper just purchasing single fare tickets.

JR pass or Tokyo metro pass 2007/4/9 16:24
Dear John
thanks..
I live at Atagoyama Inn and now I only know I could take JR (Yamanote Line)from Shibashi station to Harajuku, shijuku, Ikebukuro
My frined told me that I could buy JR one day pass (YEN 710) For my one day trip...
Just wondering do I have enough time to do this?
I plan shopping around this location...

. 2007/4/9 16:29
From Shimbashi station, then yes a one day pass for JR would be worth it.

As for enough time at each place, that depends on the traveler and what you plan to do at each place.

JR pass or Tokyo metro pass 2007/4/9 16:38
Thanks John
If I want to buy the JR one day pass (Tokunai Pass),
can I buy it in Narita airport?

... 2007/4/9 17:44
If I want to buy the JR one day pass (Tokunai Pass),
can I buy it in Narita airport?

Yes, I think so, but I am not sure. You may also want to consider the NEX & Suica package:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_002.html#nex
by Uji rate this post as useful

Trip to Tokyo 2007/4/10 14:17
Thanks Uji-san
I am so excited for my trip ..as I haven't been Japan ten years ago....

Best Pass? 2007/4/10 21:41
If I'm not sure what places in Tokyo Im visiting on a certain day, would it be smart to get the Tokyo Free Kippu for 1470 yen?

Is that a good deal for anybody?

Or should I get a Pasmo card and load it up with about 5000 Y ?
I'll be in Tokyo longer than 1 week.

Im more concerned with getting around Tokyo and seeing everything possible than saving a few yen.

I bought the Tokyo Bi-lingual City Atlas map.... and I just want to explore everywhere and everything.
by Alex345 rate this post as useful

. 2007/4/11 02:31
Alex, getting a day pass depends on the specifics on your plan for one particular day. As you can see from the above posts its hard to use up even a 710 metro day pass, yet alone a tokyo free kippu which is 2times that price.

A 5000yen PASMO or SUICA might be your best option, at least for days you don't plan on traveling heavily.

Train schedules and fare 2007/5/15 12:09
Hi. I am planning to visit Tokyo, Yokohama, Hakone & maybe Nikko during my 7 days trip. Not buying JR pass.
May I know where could I find the train schedules and fare (from one station to another) for Tokyo Metro and Toei Line, so that I could calculate myself whether it is worthwhile to buy the day passes or single trip fare (ie pay as and when I travel) or the Suica Prepaid card? Thank you
I have already searched the Tokyo Metro website. I could not find the information in the English version while the Japanese version is too complicated (I am not well versed in Japanese)
by Jane chen rate this post as useful

hyperdia 2007/5/15 12:40
Just use www.hyperdia.com
And select English.

by Sandy rate this post as useful

Thank you 2007/5/22 14:44
Thank you Sandy.
by jane chen rate this post as useful

. 2007/5/22 15:13
Jane, if you research on the "Travel" pages on japan-guide for each of these individual places, they give you a really good estimate of fares and passes available.

Remember to enter station names correctly into hyperdia. For example, visiting Hakone you might want to enter "odawara" since there is no "Hakone" station. For yokohama you might want to try "Sakuragicho" instead of Yokohama, but it depends on where you want to visit, check the "travel" section pages to see which stations are the closer to what you want to visit.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 33

1 2
next

reply to this thread