Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Wedding 2007/4/8 19:36
Hi
Since quite a while im together with my japanese boyfriend. We already spoke of getting married, but we are not sure if he we should get married in my country or in Japan. The question is, would it be possible for a foreign women to get married with a typical japanese shinto wedding??
Every japanese girls whishes to get married in western style, but id love to get married in japanese style ^_^

Will be thankful for tipps..
by Himawari  

... 2007/4/9 08:58
would it be possible for a foreign women to get married with a typical japanese shinto wedding??

Of course! In fact, I, a foreign man, got married in a typical Japanese shinto wedding with my Japanese wife.
by Uji rate this post as useful

hmmm...?? 2007/4/9 21:27
But would that mean that i will also have to wear a shiromuku, white make up with red lips and a tsunokakushi??

Thinking i could be dressed like that gives me a strange feeling. certainly normal, but i think especially strange for a foreigner ..
by Himawari rate this post as useful

... 2007/4/10 11:04
It is your choice! I felt great in the hakama. Traditional wedding dresses are nowadays almost as "exotic" to Japanese people as they are to foreigners.
by Uji rate this post as useful

I was wondering this too 2008/10/4 01:30
I was wondering if a bride could have a shinto ceremony without the bunkin takashimada hair style or tsunokakushi head-dress.

I saw this picture-
http://moonwaltz.sakura.ne.jp/customer/kd0003.jpg

But I'm not sure it was a shinto ceremony. Does anyone know if brides are "modernizing" their ceremonies in that way? Is it acceptable?
by Teresa rate this post as useful

Teresa 2008/10/4 01:44
The hair style in the photo is of course acceptable and will cost you less. It's not a fad or anything though. People who prefer to save money and energy have been doing it for ages although it's not the most common style for a wedding today. You might also notice from another thread that in the 50s, people used to get married in shito style wearing Western outfits.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread