Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Do they sell Red Bull in Japan ? 2007/4/30 10:47
I need lots of caffeine all day. I'm very busy and i work 14 hour days so I never stop drinking super energy drinks.....

In the States we have many high caffeine soft drinks and they are very popular.

Do the Japanese drink any sort of high energy drinks like red bull ?

If so, what are the best kinds ?

Also, Do they sell unsweetened iced tea in Japan?

Thanx
by Jack Burns  

... 2007/4/30 11:12
A huge range of power drinks are available in Japan, many with a large amount of coffein. Not sure whether Red Bull is available. The power drinks are available everywhere, at convenience stores, kiosks, pharmacies, supermarkets and sometimes vending machines.

Among the most popular ones (and my personal favorite) is Ripobitan D.

http://static.flickr.com/34/66884977_25158cc7a1.jpg
by Uji rate this post as useful

Iced tea 2007/4/30 11:22
Jack,

Do they sell unsweetened iced tea in Japan?

Yes, that is the norm. In restaurants and cafes, syrup is provided separately. If buying from vending machines, just watch out for Lipton's brands, as they are usually sweeteened. green tea and Oolong tea are more popular and widely available than regular black tea, though.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2007/4/30 12:22
Redbull is available at most conbini or spermarkets
by . rate this post as useful

red bull 2007/4/30 12:37
they have all kinds of energy drinks over here. Yesterday on a day trip through kyoto the red bull car was passing out free samples. they also have another drink called shark which is another energy drink. anything you get in the states is usually availble at supermarkets and there are a few costocos.
by osakajuan rate this post as useful

Yes 2007/4/30 20:28
Yeh on nearly every street their is a vending machine and they sell everything to tea cofee, juice and energy drinks.
by T rate this post as useful

. 2007/4/30 21:04
There are many many types of energy drinks in Japan. People drink them but not usually Red Bull. The Japanese versions of energy drinks might not have caffeine either?

You might need to start drinking coffee..
by Blanc rate this post as useful

Tx 2007/4/30 21:18
Thank-you everybody.

Im happy there are zillions of different kinds of soft drinks, i'll try many of them.

I'll try Uji's favorite one too. great picture of all those bottles.
by Jack Burns rate this post as useful

i did not see any... 2008/8/28 23:28
i was in japan recently (Aug 2008) and i did not see any red-bull. i love red-bull and drink it all the time in america, and looked for it in Japan. i did not see it at any conbini (lawson, 7eleven, family-mart, etc.) nor did i see it in any supermarkets. even in osaka, i was unable to find it. my girlfriend (who is a japanese citizen) was surprised to not see it anywhere either....

in 2007, when i was there, i saw adverts on tv for it, but this time, i did not. perhaps it was not popular and they took it off the market.....?

good luck finding it.
by dispid rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/29 09:19
In response to the previous poster. I am a regular Red Bull drinker and for the last year or so Red Bull has been easier and easier to find, at least around where I live.

About half the 7-11's carry it regularly now, and I've occasionally seen it at other conbini chains. It's pretty hit or miss though, and only for the last few months has my local 7-11 stocked it regularly. Also, I've never seen it in a supermarket, and I think your best chances of finding it are in 7-11.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

sunkus 2008/8/29 10:38
Most sunkus stores carry redbull.
by Ian21 rate this post as useful

they got it 2008/8/29 14:58
look for red bull in the genki drink display, they`re usually keep seperate from the other drinks. be aware though, some genki drinks contain nicotine.
by genki drinker rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/1 05:42
Doesn't Japan have an energy drink that looks kind of like Red Bull (but not it)?

I remember seeing something in a small glass bottle all the time with some kind of a red bull horn logo on it. Tried it a few times, it tasted like the usual Red Bull plus other stuff in it!

What is it?

... 2008/9/1 09:17
You're probably thinking of Ripobitan D

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/onestep/sh0184/

Actually, Red Bull is a derivative product of Ripobitan D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipovitan
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/4 02:29
Jeeze learn something new everytime. Red Bull is based on Japanese drink?

Actually what I had in mind wasn't that particlar drink (although I recall having seen it too), but it also had symbols of a bull horn or similar on it.

Is anything out there that didn't come from Japan? Lol.

reply to this thread