Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Kawagoe side trip worth it? 2007/5/26 13:57
Aside from sight-seeing, is it worth it to visit Kawagoe's Candy Alley? Can the food stuff be easily obtained in Tokyo as well?
by Celine  

... 2007/5/27 15:28
It depends on how much time you have. If you have ample of time, it can be a pleasant side trip. If you are short of time, I think there are more worthwhile attractions.

As for the candies, they are also available in Tokyo, although, I don't know where exactly.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2007/5/27 17:20
Thanks, Uji! I am not so keen on seeing the temples there and not sure if I should visit that place.
by Celine rate this post as useful

Skip it 2007/6/2 22:44
I'd say skip it. The candy alley is pretty small, and is only impressive when it is filled with people. Unless you are REALLY keen on history, the old warehouses and ''castle'' aren't much.

The Kawagoe festival in October is pretty cool.
by B rate this post as useful

Good Side Trip 2007/12/15 12:38
I think it is a good place to visit, taking a break from shopping if you are only based in Tokyo. It is best as a morning trip - set off about 8.30am since it's nearly an hour to reach from Ikebukuro/Shinjuku and no time wasted since city shopping only starts at 10am. Should complete trip by lunchtime.
by Adrian rate this post as useful

reply to this thread