Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 26

1 2
next

KFC? 2007/6/26 10:06
I have tried KFC here in Okinawa and find it to bad a sad replica of the KFC brand. besides being so expensive it tastes quite different. and is 100 times as greasy/oily as other places. it's just not edible for me. relatives buy KFC for parties and it usually goes uneaten.
maybe it's the oil they use but someone from KFC needs to teach the different store what they are doing wrong.
by KFC  

... 2007/6/27 00:48
Because it's a KFC in Okinawa, it's probably cooked in a different way. Restaurant Chinese food here in the states is hideous compared to real, home-cooked Chinese food. I suspect it's something like that. Fried foods, if I'm correct, aren't exactly a staple Japanese food. So to Americans, it's probably always going to taste 'wrong.'
by machre rate this post as useful

no gravy 2007/7/8 17:29
When i was in kawaguchi, there was this mall that had KFC inside, we ate there and to our surprise, they were not serving gravy.. The gravy was one of the only things that I've come to love at KFC, and that just made me wanna fall to the ground knowing that I wont get any.
by jlim rate this post as useful

. 2007/7/8 22:41
Do they always serve gravy in KFC?

Gravy seems to only come with mashes potatoes but not by itself in Australia's KFCs. It is really thin and peppery. Wouldn't say its good or bad I would eat it no problems.
by Blanc rate this post as useful

tasting 2007/7/10 11:05
my husband actually likes to try out the different kfc and even some burger chains when he is in another country. We normally don't do such fast food, preferring 'proper' food but it's a good alternative when in a hurry or when whatever's available really didn't look too good.

Anyway, quality of KFC at my place here used to be good. Then bad and now very bad. The sizes of the meat gets smaller and smaller and tastes more and more yucky - frozen chicken triumphed! And what's more, you wouldn't even think it's the same company's food from what is now and 25 years ago. It's that different.
by not as good anymore rate this post as useful

KFC 2007/7/10 11:32
"Not as good anymore" wrote:

And what's more, you wouldn't even think it's the same company's food from what is now and 25 years ago. It's that different.

Aren't rose-tinted spectacles just wonderful? ;-)
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Gravy 2007/7/10 11:43
About the gravy thing... Is there no gravy at all the KFC's in Japan, just the one, or was that just a one time incident?
by TheRage800 rate this post as useful

Gravy 2007/7/10 11:51
TheRage800 wrote:

About the gravy thing... Is there no gravy at all the KFC's in Japan, just the one, or was that just a one time incident?

I could be wrong, but I have never seen gravy on the menu at KFCs in Japan.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Curious about gravy 2007/7/10 15:22
I'm currious. In what country do you guys get the gravy and how is it served? During 1969-73, I never saw gravy in KFCs of Southern California except for the gravy on mash potatoes, just like Blanc mentioned about Australia. And btw, I've never seen mashed potatoes on the menus of KFC Japan.
by Uco rate this post as useful

gravy in the philippines 2007/7/12 01:01
I'm from the Philippines, and back here, KFC's gravy is quite popular and tasty, just a few years ago they started serving it for free, you just have to go by the condiments area and grab yourself a picther (its in some kind of a thermos thingy to keep it warm).
And yes, that was the only KFC near where I stayed in japan, I went there a couple of times but to my dismay, no gravy.. not that I can't live without it. hehe
by jlim rate this post as useful

. 2007/7/12 04:27
In the US gravy comes with mash potatoes (just like in Austrailia), or in one of their meal bowls, but you can't order gravy right off the menu by itself. However in the US if you wanted gravy without the mash potatoes I'm sure you can request it, but it is not a menu item.

On that point, I'm not much of a KFC fan myself, Popeyes makes much better fast food chicken and mash potatoes and gravy (new orleans style) in my opinion, it beats KFC. The problem is Popeyes in Japan can only be found on or nearby US Military bases making access very limited or not possible at all because it maybe in the base itself.
by John rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/7/12 09:43
Thank you Jlim and John. I suppose KFC provides unique service depending on each area's needs.
by Uco rate this post as useful

kfc gravy 2007/7/27 23:01
i'm based here in kuwait and there is no gravy in all KFCs! they only serve it with ketchup. plus all orders come with french fries that are so unpalatable i want to gag just thinking about it. i miss their gravy!!!!
by hazel rate this post as useful

KFC? Why? 2007/8/22 14:29
Why obsess over KFC when you can get Japanese aburage (deepfried chicken) everywhere including convenience stores? Much tastier and not as greasy IMHO.
by steve rate this post as useful

Taste of Home 2007/8/22 15:28
When you want something that is familiar, a taste of home, that is what you want. It doesn't matter if something nearby tastes "better".
by Nessy rate this post as useful

japanese kfc sucks!! 2007/8/24 21:16
the few times i ever bothered ordering kfc in japan were when i had no choice. the chicken is EXTREMELY greasy..i have never seen it that greasy in my life..and of course, no gravy anyways. if you have to eat kfc for some reason only order the ckn.wrap. its your safest bet.in canada you can order gravy separately.its comes in small,med or large. its good with the fries! we dont have the mashed pot.option here at kfc.at least not where i am from.
by c-dog rate this post as useful

abura-age and kara-age 2007/8/25 08:35
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but is "abura-age" used to refer to deep-fried chicken? I thought it meant deep-fried tofu.

"Kara-age" is what I usually see for fried chicken.

I know that abura-age literall means "fried in oil", so I suppose it could mean any deep fried item. Could someone clear that up for me?
by Sira rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/25 11:41
aburaage are deep fried tofu bags.

karaage is deep fried chicken
by Uji rate this post as useful

kara-age 2007/8/25 19:47
Sorry - a slip of the fingers. Kara-age is surely fried chicken, but I love aburage too.
by steve rate this post as useful

Kara-age 2007/8/26 01:30
The word kara-age is used not only for chicken but also for fish.

So fried chicken would be "tori no kara-age"

by momo rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 26

1 2
next

reply to this thread