Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where is ben and jerry icecream? 2007/7/17 14:09
Could anyone direct me to some store or better online site that sells ''ben and jerry'' icecream?

Their flavour Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is what I want.

I cant seem to find it. So unless somebody knows where Id have to buy it from the usa and get it shipped frozen unless icecream will be okay travelling for a week without refrigeration?
Wonder how much refrigerated shipping would cost?
by ep  

... 2007/7/22 08:11
No milk product would survive a week of shipping without refrigeration, particularly icecream!
by Sira rate this post as useful

. 2007/7/22 21:29
How about trying Basket Robbins for a change?

They probably are known as something else in Japan though. Some kind of number from memory, like 26 or something.
by Blanc rate this post as useful

It'll be expensive... 2007/7/23 14:02
I have some friends who worked at a local ice-cream shop in the Boston area. Anyone who's been here may know that we're pretty picky about our ice cream!

Now, since the ice cream at his shop was ten times better than Ben & Jerry's, they'd often get asked to ship it or pack it for long-distance travel. What they would do is pack it in insulated styrofoam containers along with a quantity of liquid nitrogen. That would usually keep it frozen for a day or two until it reached its destination.

I don't think there is any way to pack ice cream so that it can last a week without access to a freezer. Even in the wintertime. Ice cream needs to stay frozen, and if you want it to still be good on arrival, it should be kept at well below freezing. That ice-cream store kept things at -10F (-23C) for long-term storage.
by SFnal rate this post as useful

Ben & Jerry's 2007/7/23 14:07
Ep,

I don't know whether they have Ben & Jerry's, but if you are in the Tokyo area, you could try Namja Town in Ikebukuro Sunshine City. They have lots of different specialty ice creams from around the world.
Presumably you have already tried the usual international supermarkets such as Kinokuniya and Seijo Ishii?
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

supermarket 2007/7/23 14:24
you can find B&J in most upscale supermarkets targetting Gaijin but Haagen Daz is more popular still. Or have you tried Stone Cold Cremery outlets?
by jasperjenks rate this post as useful

Liquid Nitrogen? 2007/7/26 13:20
But I dont think youd be able to ship a container with liquid nitrogen internationally. Besides wouldnt it be wayyy too cold and ruin the icecream flavour?
Atleast thats why I thought of dry ice instead.
by ep rate this post as useful

In Kansai area? 2007/7/26 13:24
I have looked around and made some calls to some of the international supermarkets but still havent found this icecream and this flavour. IT HAS TO BE THIS.

According to BJ they dont officially themselves sell in Japan anymore.

So Id appreciate any concrete info on any store especially in the kansai region that carries it eg Kobe, Himeji, Akashi etc and EVEN better if they will deliver it.

Cant find it. 2007/7/26 13:54
I have already tried
costco
carrefour
seijoiishi
kinokuniya
national azabu-who told me you cant get it in japan.

ice cream 2007/7/26 15:57
Well, there are things I miss from my home country too that I just have to save for treats when I visit my family once a year or so. Never mind.

The brand someone mentioned above is called Baskin Robbins actually, not Basket.
by Sira rate this post as useful

. 2007/7/26 18:30
Yes it is Baskin just a typo.

Personally though I'm not a big fan of Baskin or B&J.

Its too much about sugar. Actually another option might be to try Krispy Kreme ice cream. Just saying that really quickly..

. 2007/7/26 18:31
Try I mean..

NOTHING ELSE! 2007/7/28 02:49
I like how everyones suggesting other things ... but if you're a BJ fan ... NOTHING else will do.

Chunky Monkey ... Yum.

I live right near the BJ headquarters ... haha!
by Sherry rate this post as useful

reply to this thread