Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanji Name Translation 2007/7/19 00:17
Hi. My friend is going to come a Japanese citizen so she'd like to get a Japanese name close to her own. She was wondering if the Kanji combination ’nŠC could mean "Jia" (Gia). If not, could someone please post a Kanji combo that could spell Jia? Thanks.
by J.L.  

... 2007/7/22 12:17
Answered under another thread :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Citizenship? 2007/7/22 22:54
JL,

Isn't Japanese language ability a requirement for Japanese citizenship these days?
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Yes, it is 2007/7/22 23:30
Yes but my friend is holding duel citizenship right now (her father's American, her mother's Japanese) and she's choosing to take Japanese citizenship.
by JL rate this post as useful

doesn't seem right 2007/7/27 15:44
’nŠC is said as Chiumi.
The closest to Jia that i can find is Žœ‰_ which is Jiun, or Žž“e–¼ which is Jiuna, Žž‰J (Jiu), and ˜Hˆß“Þ (Jiina - which i think sounds the closest to Gia and has different kanji variations).
Žž“Þ (also Jiina) seemed to be more common for kanji and easier to write!
If these aren't good enough, can't she just have a katakana or hiragana name? In Japan, it's quite common for girls to have hiragana names because they are considered to be more feminine. So try ‚¶‚ .
by Miko rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/20 01:52
She wants to keep her name the way it is as much as possible because she's also Chinese and doesn't want to adopt a totally Japanese name.
by JL rate this post as useful

by chance 2007/8/20 02:49
does she hold a chinese name?
by Miko rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/20 08:49
Then all you can do is to find kanji combination that carries the *sound* of "jia," with individual kanji having pleasant meanings. The only one I can come up with is:

ŽœˆŸ
"mercy/compassion" and "asia"
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread