Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shipping packages to hotel 2007/7/24 01:02
I will be visiting Japan next month and was wondering if it's possible to ship packages to my hotel and pick them up when I get there? I tried contacting the hotel about this, but my phone is unable to call overseas and the email addresses are Japanese only.

Has anyone else dealt with this before? Is it okay to ship things there? I'm planning on mostly sending envelops or small packages, not anything illegal, breakable, or perishable.

If not, where is the best place I can send packages and pick them up when I get there?
by Mary  

... 2007/7/26 01:57
You can easily send luggage within Japan, e.g. from the airport to the hotel:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html

Sending it from overseas to Japan should also be possible, although, it will be more expensive and more complicated due to customs issues, etc. You would have to contact the hotel first.
by Uji rate this post as useful

shipping to hotel 2007/7/26 02:06
Thank you for the reply.

I am not interested in sending luggage to the hotel, but buying goods from Japanese websites that do not ship overseas, and having them ship to the hotel instead. I have tried emailing the hotel's Japanese address, but as I thought, there has been no answer. I am starting to get very worried.
by Mary rate this post as useful

. 2007/7/26 21:59
I've done this a number of times and since your packages are going to be small, it shouldn't be a problem. I've had some pretty large boxes sent and the hotel staff (mostly business hotels) had no issues. I was always checked in (I also informed them on check-in that I was expecting some mailings) when my packages arrived though so if you are going to have anything sent before you are there, I would definitely check with the hotel first.
by Senbei rate this post as useful

reply to this thread