Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone - weekday or weekend? 2007/7/24 01:04
We are planning on taking the tour which leaves Tokyo by bus in the a.m. and returning that evening by bullet train. This will be in late March. Is the weekend terribly crowded and, if so, is a Friday less crowded?
by Virginia  

... 2007/7/26 02:02
Late March is still kind of off-season for Hakone, as the winter season is only just about to end, but it is during school holidays. It could be quite crowded on weekends, but I don't think that it will be terribly crowded. Fridays would be less crowded. I recommend to go on a Friday, if possible.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Bus 2007/8/1 12:08
I went to Hakone with a friend on a Sunday in around late October/ early November. Now, I don't think it was the "busy" period at Hakone, but I could be wrong.

We took the train there and used the buses within Hakone. We made the mistake of being in the southern part of the park away from the railway line later on Sunday.

From about 3pm onwards, there was an absolute impassable traffic jam. We eventually got back to the train, but it took us four hours to go, maybe 20km.

I'd go there during the week.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread