Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Train schedules in Tokyo? 2007/7/24 02:52
I will be studying abroad soon in Rikkyo, and I was wondering if there's a site that shows all the near-by train station's schedules including the subway. I have a palm pilot that I plan on taking with me, and it would be great to add this information to my palm.
by Miko  

... 2007/7/26 06:28
by Uji rate this post as useful

train schedules 2007/7/26 08:09
Practically, trains come so often on most lines in Tokyo that most people, myself included, don't even bother checking the schedule.

When I take the GInza subway line around rush hour for example, the wait between trains is usually less than a minute- they come that often. One has just left the station and the next one is announced.

On the Yamanote Line the wait between trains is usually 2 to 4 minutes. Very rarely will you find yourself waiting more than 5 minutes for a train in Tokyo, with only a few exceptions- the Saikyo Line for example is not quite so frequent I think.

It might be helpful to know the times of the last trains if you plan to go out late a lot though of course!

by Sira rate this post as useful

last trains 2007/7/26 16:35
The subways do stop running a little early for me. Theres always a capsule hotel somewhere near :)
by drj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread