Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Harajuku sunday flea market 2007/7/24 15:41
I've heard there's a weekly flea market in Harajuku every Sunday. About how much are the clothes that day? I know clothes in Japan a much more expensive than in America, so are they marked down to cost as much as American clothes usually are? Lower? Are the clothes becoming out of fashion because they're on sale?
by Miko  

... 2007/7/28 03:37
Clothes are not more expensive in Japan than they are in America. It depends on the store! There are cheap clothes stores in Japan, just as there are expensive clothes stores in the US.

Sorry, I don't know about the flea market prices.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Relative 2007/7/28 04:41
Hi there,

Shopping in Harajuku on Sunday is fun if you like crowds. I like busy streets and markets! Many shops have specials, but I doubt they are only on Sundays. Check out Meiji Shrine, the Cosplayers and shop away.

Cloths are not expensive in Japan. I bought many interesting jackets and shirts for $20-40. The expensive cloths are simply available as well because Harajuku has such a variety of fashions.
by drj rate this post as useful

... 2007/7/28 09:41
Flea markets are held almost every week. But the next big one is on August 5th! Over 800 shops will take part in the event.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

expensive? 2007/7/28 10:46
The only reason I got an impression of clothes being expensive in Japan was one, when you shop online at a Japanese website, a simple shirt is about $100 where in America I know it'd be $40. Two, when I was with my host family, and showing them american websites such as gojane.com and wetseal.com all of them reacted, "ヤァ〜〜〜〜スイ!” it was quite amusing. They were so curious why the clothes were so cheap. Also I have been shopping in Japan before, and the stores seemed like average stores, nothing like Gucci or any famous brand name. Everything seemed to rotate around $60 and up.

I'm sure there's great deals out there, which is why I was curious about the flea market. I wish I could go to the one on Aug 5th, but I won't be in Japan til September 11th. thanks for the advice! I appreciate anything more!
by Miko rate this post as useful

reply to this thread