Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

All Nikko Pass valid? 2007/7/27 07:28
Can I use an All Nikko Pass if I don't make the full roud trip?
I will probably travel to Nikko on my JR pass (because that is the easiest way). Then stay in Nikko for three days and return to Tokyo. Because I want to visit Yumoto onsen/ Lake Chuzenji and Kinugawa onsen and need a return trip to Tokyo (not on JR pass anymore), I think an All Nikko Pass is the cheapest. Can I use it when I don't make the trip to Nikko on the tobu railways? I can purchase the pass in advance when I am in Tokyo.
by Dutchess  

... 2007/7/30 02:43
You can, but it will probably be a waste of money. If you have a Japan Rail Pass, it will likely come cheaper to use the rail pass to get to Nikko and use regular tickets or different passes for the rest.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2007/7/30 02:59
Thanks for your answer!
The JR pass will expire the day I arrive in Nikko.
I thought an All Nikko Pass was the cheapest option for the remaining days. My calculation:
Bus to Lake Cuzenji 1100 yen.
Hike nature trail.
Bus back from Yumoto Onsen 1650 yen.
Train back to Tokyo 1320 yen.
This already ads up to 4070 yen. An All Nikko Pass costs 4400 yen. I will probably travel a bit in Nikko and maybe visit Kinugawa Onsen too. So I figured it's a equally expensive or cheaper to buy the pass and it will save me the fuss of bying all the seperate tickets.
But correct me if I am wrong!
Or maybe you know another option.
by Dutchess rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/5 19:19
Indeed, it seems that the All Nikko Pass, would be a worthwhile option for your plans in terms of price and convenience!
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread