Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Right clothing in typhoon-season 2007/7/31 00:44
I will arrive in Japan on Sept 2nd and intend to stay 3 days in Tokyo, Nikko and 5 in Kyoto/Hiroshima.Is it advisable to bring rain-clothing inspite of the hot, humid weather or would an umbrella do?
What about typhoons - is it better to prepare for an alternate itinerary / flight-plan ??
Thanks for your advice !
by willy  

... 2007/8/2 12:50
If a typhoon unluckily hits the place you visit, you cannot walk outside regardless what you wear. September 2nd is still very hot and humid. Bring summer clothes and a foldable umbrella or you can buy an umbrella in Japan.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

Typhoon in September 2007/8/2 20:50
I am deciding on the period to visit Tokyo between end of August or end of September. Which is the better period considering the weather and the chance of Typhoon and other factors. Please give some opinions. Thanks a lot
by Patrick rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/2 23:36
Last year, only 2 typhoons came close to the main island. (2 in August and 1 in September) So typhoons are not really a big issue. If I were you, I would choose the end of September. The end of August is still very hot and tourist spots are packed with holiday goers.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

Visit Hiroshima 2007/8/21 01:15
Hi
I am visiting Hiroshima during Sep 27 thru to Oct 3,2007.
Is there any website where I can find forecast weather especially Typhoons during my stay.

by Alan rate this post as useful

try this 2007/8/21 01:28
http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/47789.html
also Weather.com provides information. They will also tell you when a typhoon is coming too.
by Miko rate this post as useful

reply to this thread