Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

where to eat breakfast in Shinagawa/tyo 2007/7/31 03:19
I will be staying at Le Meridien Pacific Tokyo (Tokyo), but don't want to eat at the hotel restaurants as too expensive. Does anyone know a cheap breakfast place with good coffee. I heard that maybe there was a place called "NOIR" that mite have a set price for breakfast??

Would appreciate feed back
thank you
by tourist lady  

breakfast at Shinagawa 2007/8/2 11:59
the area around the station has numerous hotels, at least one shopping mall, lots of convenience stores and all sort of eating places. Sorry for not being more specific!. i heard about a coffee chain called "le chat noir" another one is Doutor. .
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Renoir? 2007/8/2 14:33
Maybe it is not Noir but Renoir (maybe taken from the famous French impressionism painer).
It's a caffee/tea shop, there are three of them near Shinagawa Station.
There's on the 2nd floor of a Pachinko building just across the road from the Merridian hotel.

It's a chain shop and if I remember correctly they offer some toast and drink (coffee/tea) as a breakfast in the morning.
by . rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/2 15:38
I think the nearest shop is ART COFFEE in WING TAKANAWA. It's in front of the hotel (opposite side of the slope)

If you don't mind walking, go to the other (south) side of Shinagawa station.

NEW YORK GRAND KITCHEN at ATRE SHINAGAWA
ALOMA DEL CAFFE at SHINAGAEA INTERCITY
VIRGIN CAFE at ALEA SHINAGAWA

offer breakfast at around 500 yen.

Also, you can drop by shops on your way to other places. There're many shops within JR Shinagawa station.

See the map :
http://www.pacific-tokyo.com/eng/pdf/access/guidemap_vicinity.pdf
by J Lady rate this post as useful

Shinagawa 2007/8/2 21:39
Shinagawa station also has a Starbucks. It is a huge station and there are so many shops in and around it you will probably have trouble choosing where to go, not trouble finding somewhere!
by Sira rate this post as useful

Breakfast in Shinagawa 2008/11/13 06:31
I would also suggest the New York Grand kitchen in the station. It is near Starbucks. A full American breakfast with very good coffee goes for under $10.
by glenn rate this post as useful

McD 2008/11/13 07:18
There's a McDonald's next door with good, cheap coffee. Or you could try Anna Miller's on the floor above. Or go to Dean and Deluca in the station complex.
by Natsuki rate this post as useful

hotels 2008/11/13 15:55
I agree : hotels ARE expensive BUT if you like all sorts of food (western, japanese, chinese) the breakfast buffet at Shinagawa Prince hotel is fantastic, BUT its 2000Y : the day we had it we then did not need lunch..just "beer o'clock" Asahi and nibbles in the room, bought at the supermarket at station..great to do once during your stay....
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread