Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taitu-ku in Tokyo, Fuji, and etiquette 2007/8/2 11:12
Hello,

I will be heading to Japan on August 20th, and I think I have found a decent hostel (http://www.oakhotel.co.jp/english/) to stay at. I wanted to know if Taitu-ku, area where hotel is located, is a relatively safe neighborhood? And to add to this question, is there any neighborhoods in Tokyo?

The second question is in regards to climbing Mount Fuji: would it be possible to travel from Taitu-ku to Mount Fuji in order to climb it within one day? I would have to leave early morning, pending whether trains are available at this time (?), climb Fuji, and than return to the hotel that same evening. I understand that most prefer to climb Fuji in order to see the sunrise, but I am not too sure if this will be possible on my trip.

I read that it is proper business etiquette to bring a gift when I am meeting my business associates there. I am coming from Canada, so I wanted to know what kind of gift would be acceptable? Would a picture or ornament for the office and a bottle of wine for the owner be suitable?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank ya!
by Smachimo  

Taito-ku 2007/8/4 15:58
Smachimo wrote:

I wanted to know if Taitu-ku, area where hotel is located, is a relatively safe neighborhood?

Answered in another thread earlier today...

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+29916

And to add to this question, is there any neighborhoods in Tokyo?

I don't understand your question.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

any neighbourhoods in Tokyo 2007/8/5 02:51
???? where you asking about any neighbourhoods that are unsafe or pleasant or..? otherwise your question is very strange!. any single town in the world has neighbourhoods!. Some of these are official (a ward for example) others are a few streets that have become famous because lots of similar businesses are located there (lots of Antique stores, or night clubs etc.)
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

wine 2007/8/5 05:41
A bottle of wine and something typically Canadian would be appropriate. Just make sure it's a bottle of GOOD wine! Also be sure to bring business cards. Present them with both hands with the writing facing the recipient. When you receive one (which you will) accept it with both hands, and study it awhile before you put it away. Otherwise you might offend the giver.
by Tay rate this post as useful

reply to this thread