Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to go from Osaka to Amanohashidate? 2007/8/2 22:18
I would like to visit Amanohashidate (day trip) from Osaka. I have been reading and finding answers, but still confused.

Can someone tell me which is the BEST way to travel- by bus or train?

How long does it take to travel by bus or train?

And the fares & timetable too ?

Thanks alot.

by ty  

... 2007/8/6 09:54
Bus: 3 hours, 2460 Yen one way, direct

Train: 2 hours 10 minutes, about 5500 Yen one way, some trains are direct, others require one transfer along the way
by Uji rate this post as useful

Tango Explorer 2007/8/6 20:27
Here is information by train.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tango_Explorer
by osakan rate this post as useful

Bus from Osaka to Amanohashidate 2007/8/6 21:53
Where can I buy a return bus tickets from Osaka (which place) to Amanohashidate?

What time does the earliest bus leave Osaka?

What time does the latest bus leave Amanohashidate?

Thank you v much.

by ty rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/7 18:34
Where can I buy a return bus tickets from Osaka (which place) to Amanohashidate?

At the ticket counters of Hankyu, for example, in front of the Hankyu Umeda department store. Reservations can be made by phone: 06-6866-3147

What time does the earliest bus leave Osaka?

9:50 from Hankyu Umeda

What time does the latest bus leave Amanohashidate?

16:10

In Japanese:
http://bus.hankyu.co.jp/kinki/hashidate.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

after arriving in Amanohashidate 2007/8/18 10:21
Uji,

I have the info from the JNTO 'PG-504' in PDF but still have doubts.

I will take a direct bus from Osaka to Amanohashidate.
Do you know exactly where the bus will drop-off passenger at Amanohashidate?
Is it near the Amanohashidate train station?

What about the chair-lift and boat rides? And timings?

Will I have time to take a boar ride to Ichinomiya area and visit the area?

I have limited time (3hrs) in Amanohashidate because I will reach Amanohashidate at 12.43pm and the last bus departs at 16.07 .

Pls help!! Thank you.

honestly, some people?? 2007/8/18 15:29
Ty,
I know that we "experienced" travellers are supposed to help greenhorns, but surely you could dig a lot of info yourself? all this trouble for a couple of hours spent rushing madly here and there, come on! You sound so frantic and confused that the best idea for you is not to go at all. My Kansai buddies have never been to A. and no intention to ever going there.
Mind you, I think that watching tourists, especially foreign ones, making total fools of themselves is the real attraction!. You got to learn that you don't have to see every single "must see" place!
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

The best part... 2007/8/19 02:48
of Amanohashidate is just walking along the "hashi", the thin strip of land that makes this place famous. I haven't taken the boatride, and have only "viewed" it as is the tradition-through your legs backward and upside-down--through a tv program. I don't remember the cost of the cable car to get up to the viewing place, but I do remember thinking that it seemd like quite a lot for the privilege of the view from an awkward position, so I gave it a pass. Don't know what the boat ride entails.

I was perfectly happy strolling amid the pines and enjoying the air. There are some souvenir shops (of course) to have fun picking through at one end, too.

As was mentioned, sometimes people get carried away trying to tick off as many sights as possible on their trip without giving themselves enough time to enjoy even one part of it. If you lessen your expectations and itenerary, you will enjoy your trip so very much more! Besides, it might open you to opportunities to meet people or see things that you might not get otherwise while rushing around.

I made the mistake of making a difficult itenerary for one of my trips. I regretted not making time to rest and absorb what I was getting a chance to see.

So, relax! Make one or two choices of places to see per day, and I think you will have a saner, more enjoyable trip;)
by kyarinchan rate this post as useful

noted 2007/8/19 18:28
Thank you very much for both of your advices. Appreciate your thoughts.

reply to this thread