Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Hakodate JR Rail Pass 2007/8/3 04:36
I've been searching on Hiperdia for ways to get to Hakodate from Tokyo by using the 14 day JR rail pass i have ordered.

The 1st half of the journey seems fine (Hayate Shinkasen) but the 2nd half is a LTD.EXP SUPER HAKUCHO 1 which isn't covered by the pass as it uses none JR lines.

Is there another train i can get without incurring any charges on my way up to Hakodate? Some websites seem to think so but with Hiperdia not reporting anything else it's left me confused.
by supadid  

... 2007/8/5 12:19
but the 2nd half is a LTD.EXP SUPER HAKUCHO 1 which isn't covered by the pass as it uses none JR lines.

You are wrongly informed! The Ltd. Exp Super Hakucho is fully covered by the Japan Rail Pass! It does not use non-JR lines! Where do you get that wrong information from?
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/5 12:26
This discussion came up with someone before I think who had a JR EAST pass, the Super Hakucho travels on non-JR East trackage but goes onto other JR company lines.

However if you have a nationwide JR Pass, you should not worry about that part, as the nationwide JR Pass covers all JR companies.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread