Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Keisei Skyliner to and from Narita 2007/8/3 06:16
I will be arriving in mid September in Tokyo and staying at a hotel near the Aoyama Itchome station on the Ginza line.

To get to the Ginza line from Narita I've been told by the hotel to take the Kesei Skyliner from Narita to Ueno, and pick up the Ginza line there. Do I need reservations for the Kesei skyliner train either to Ueno from Narita, or from Ueno to Narita? If so, how can I make such reservations from abroad? Can I buy the tickets when I'm already at Narita Airport or returning to Narita Airport?
by Dan  

... 2007/8/5 12:33
I've been told by the hotel to take the Kesei Skyliner from Narita to Ueno, and pick up the Ginza line there.

Or you can save 1000 Yen by taking the Keisei Limited Express instead of the Skyliner. The seats are less comfortable, though. As for travel time, the limited express requires a few minutes more than the Skyliner, but considering that the limited express departs twice as often as the Skyliner, the actual travel time by limited express can be just as fast.

Do I need reservations for the Kesei skyliner train either to Ueno from Narita, or from Ueno to Narita?

The Skyliner requires seat reservations. For the limited express, reservations are not possible. See details here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2027.html

If so, how can I make such reservations from abroad?

It is neither possible nor wise to make reservations from abroad. After all, you do not know whether your flight arrives on time and how much time it takes to pass through immigration and pick up the luggage.

Can I buy the tickets when I'm already at Narita Airport or returning to Narita Airport?

You can make seat reservations at Keisei railway station from one month ahead of travel date until just before departure time. The trains usually do not get booked out.
by Uji rate this post as useful

N'EX&Suica or Keisei Ltd Express? 2007/9/6 01:47
Hi, I will be staying near JR Ueno Sta.

I am planning to buy the N'EX & Suica package @ Yen 3500. But now realised Keisei Limited Express is Yen 1000.

Is it possible for tourists to buy only the Suica @ Yen 2000?

I visited Keisei website but confused @ the different pricing.

May I also confirm that Keisei Limited Express @ 6:30am requires advance reservation & it is more expensive @ Yen 1920?
by PLing rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/6 02:24
Hi, I will be staying near JR Ueno Sta.

I am planning to buy the N'EX & Suica package @ Yen 3500. But now realised Keisei Limited Express is Yen 1000.

Is it possible for tourists to buy only the Suica @ Yen 2000?

I visited Keisei website but confused @ the different pricing.

May I also confirm that Keisei Limited Express @ 6:30am requires advance reservation & it is more expensive @ Yen 1920?

Anyone can buy a Suica/Pasmo card. Keisei sells Pasmo cards instead of Suica (but they are the same thing for the Tokyo area, just different naming).

The reason you are finding two different prices (one 1000 and one 1920 yen) is because Keisei runs different types of trains.

The 1000 Yen is a Limited Express train, Limited Express trains are non reserved seats, they are like regular commuter/subway car trains.

The 1920yen Keisei Skyliner is an all reserved train with forward facing seats.

You ask about the 6:30am Keisei Limited Express, there is no 6:30am limited express going to Narita Airport, there is a 6:30am Skyliner. And as mentioned the Skyliner is an all reserved train and costs 1920yen.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/6 02:27
By "advanced reservations" you can buy it right at the train station before the train leaves. Sometimes there is even a machine on the platform that sells the ticket too. If you did decide to take the Skyliner.

by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/9 02:51
Hi John, thank you very much for your kind assistance.
by PLing rate this post as useful

reply to this thread