Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Timetable bus 5th Station-Kawaguchiko 2007/8/3 08:24
Hi, does anyone know if these are the only times the buses are going down to Kawaguchiko from the 5th station in Mt. Fuji? Can I make the reservations once I am there? I don't have knowledge of Japanese, so I was wondering if they would do it for me in a tourist information office?
Many thanks
(I got this from the JNTO)
11.30, 12.30, 13.30, 14.30

by Vanessa  

... 2007/8/5 12:47
The timetable is the off-season timetable. It does not apply to July and August. And there are no buses, at all, during winter.

Can I make the reservations once I am there?

It is not possible to make reservations for buses between Kawaguchiko and the 5th Station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

frequency of buses? 2007/8/5 17:27
Thanks for your answer Uji!
I have another questions: How frequent are the buses? Because I imagine hordes of people will be descending Fuji-san on Sunday!

Thanks again!
by vane rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/5 17:40
During the climbing season?

During the climbing season (July and August), there is about one departure per hour:
http://www.fujikyu.co.jp/bus2/fujitozan/tozanbus.htm

next saturday 2007/8/5 17:49
we are planning to start climbing Fuji from the bottom via Fujiyoshida trail on Saturday morning and have a rest in Fujisan Hotel (8th station), and then continue to the top for sunrise.
So that is why I was asking about the frequency of the buses or if it would be possible to book it (I know weekends are really busy... and it will be Obon week!
by vanessa rate this post as useful

help with kangi 2007/8/5 17:53
Hi Uji, thanks for the website with timetables. Could you tell me which is the kangi for Kawaguchiko and 5th station? Is the left column Kagawuchiko?

Thanks again

... 2007/8/5 18:25
or if it would be possible to book it (I know weekends are really busy... and it will be Obon week!

It is not possible to make reservations on the buses between Kawaguchiko Station and the 5th Station.

Could you tell me which is the kangi for Kawaguchiko and 5th station? Is the left column Kagawuchiko?

Departures from the 5th Station to Kawaguchiko Station can be found in the left column of the first table.

五合目発 means departure from the 5th Station
河口湖駅着 means arrival at Kawaguchiko Station

五合目 means 5th Station
河口湖駅 means Kawaguchiko Station

During the Obon week, the mountain road will be closed to private cars, and there will be lots of additional shuttle buses to the parking lot at the bottom of the mountain.

By the way, it is usually romanized as "kanji".

thanks 2007/8/5 18:27
Thanks for your help Uji. I really appreciate it!
Thanks for correction with spelling!

reply to this thread