Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 days holiday 2007/8/4 12:15
I'll be arriving in Hakodate on 19Aug with a girlfriend and intend to visit Toya, Furano- Farm Tomita, and Daisetsuzan National Park. Both of us can't drive, so we'll be travelling by public transport.

I am thinking of either:
1) Hakodate- Toya- Sapporo- Asahikawa

2) Hakodate- Toya- Asahikawa
And go to Furano from Asahikawa

Do I have time to cover all these locations? What's the best way for me to visit Furano?

I am not sure which part of Daisetsuzan National Park I should stay at since there are quite a few choices. I would like to do a few trekking trails to see the volcanic regions. Should I stay 1 night at asahidake onsen and another night at Sounkyo onsen?
by Ling  

... 2007/8/5 16:01
Both of us can't drive, so we'll be travelling by public transport.

All efficient ways of travel from Toya to Asahikawa and Furano by public transportation lead via Sapporo.

Do I have time to cover all these locations?

If you rush, it can be done.

I am not sure which part of Daisetsuzan National Park I should stay at since there are quite a few choices. I would like to do a few trekking trails to see the volcanic regions. Should I stay 1 night at asahidake onsen and another night at Sounkyo onsen?

I recommend two nights in Asahidake Onsen, if you have that much time available.
by Uji rate this post as useful

7 Days in Hokkaido 2007/8/5 18:52
Thanks Uji.
by Ling rate this post as useful

7 days holiday in hokkaido 2007/8/5 19:57
I have found the Dohuku bus schedules (between Asahikawa and Sounkyo), but they are all outdated. Is there a more updated copy available?

How do I make a reservation for:
1.) Shuttle bus service provided by Hotel Taisetsu, from Asahikawa JR station to Sounkyo? Or is this no longer available?

2.) Dohuku buses available outside Asahikawa JR station?

If I travel by train from Toya to Kamikawa, does transferring at Asahikawa make a shorter route? I ask this to make sure because somehow on Hyperdia, the trip from Toya to Kamikawa takes 11hrs (minimum).

If I take a taxi from Kamikawa JR station to Hotel Taisetsu, how much should I be prepared to pay?
by Ling rate this post as useful

reply to this thread