Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cash Withdrawal from ATMs 2007/8/5 20:43
Can I use my Australian EFTPOS card in Japanese ATMs to withdraw cash. I have a CIRRUS card and have used it in Indonesia, Bali, Thailand and Malaysia . I am planning on bringing some Yen, but dont want to carry all my money in cash.
by Julianne Pearson  

ATM 2007/8/6 08:16
I'm sure if it worked in those other countries it will certainly work in Japan. My son lived there last summer and his worked just about everywhere he tried. It didn't work at a couple convenience store ATM's. He was told the ATM's at post offices are the best to use. You just have to make sure it is open. Have an enjoyable trip.
by D rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/6 08:20
Cards on the Cirrus network should work at ATMs that accept International cards:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2208.html
by John rate this post as useful

Thanyou 2007/8/6 09:56
Thankyou for your responses. I thought I should be able to use my card, but feel more confident after checking. This is a brilliant site and very helpful for first time travellers to Japan(like me!!!)
by Julianne rate this post as useful

reply to this thread