Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arriving Nagoya Airport 2007/8/6 11:30
Hi
This is my first time on this site and my first trip to Japan so i am very excited. We arrive at Nagoya Airport at 6pm in late sept and we were wondering how long it will take us to get out of the airport from an international flight? We have booked a backpackers and want to give them a rough time we will arrive but we have heard it can take up to 2 hours to get through customs is this the case. We will appreciate any help. thanks ginny22
by ginny22  

. 2007/8/6 12:12
Nagoya Centrair International Airport.

Immigration and Customs can certainly take anything from 5 minutes to 1 hour. Its unpredictable depending on many circumstances.

However, I've been through Centrair before, the airport is certainly not as large or busy as Kix or Nrt, so I wouldn't expect any major waits.

Don't forget to factor in time it takes you to get from the Airport to wherever you need to go.
by John rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/6 12:36
We have booked a backpackers and want to give them a rough time we will arrive
What I often do is to give them my flight schedule (flight number and arrival time) then they can guess what time I would arrive.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

arrival in nagoya 2007/8/6 13:07
Thanks so much for the info. I will take your advise. have a good day ginny22
by ginny22 rate this post as useful

.. 2007/8/6 15:14
That is my main port of arrival/departure in japan.
I can honestly say they are fairly fast there. Especially nighttime.
Though one time i screwed up filling immigration document forms and got held up badly while they tried to find some immigration official who could communicate with me. That was foolish mistake of mine, since I was staying more than 3 months and my apartment address I had packed in my suitcase - I could not fill my address out.

They are very efficiant there :)
by Kevin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread