Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

requirement by the immigration office 2007/8/7 02:50
Hi, Me and my five friend has planned to study at Kanrin Japanese school in Yokohama and is now in middle of filling in all documents. Now do we have a little problem. The japanese immigration office wants us to have 20k USD on a bank account. Its alot money and all of us can't meet up with the requirement.
We have asked around and nobody have any more information. I was wondering if anyone that have studying in Japan can maybe provide us with more information
by David Fallman  

. 2007/8/8 02:27
Yes that is a standard requirement for a student visa application (or in the COE), the main reason is as a student you OR a family member will defray all your costs while in Japan. The price varies on how long you plan to stay, but Immigration wants to see at least 15-20K USD.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/8 02:44
okay, I'm gonna stay half a year. Is that the lower or higher part of the intervall?
by David Fallman rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/8 02:49
Don't take my word on it, because things seem to vary a lot from place to place, but roughly around 9-10K+ for 6 months and 20K+ for 12 months (1 year) (all USD) is usually a standard.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread