Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Please Help (Drug reated) 2007/8/12 14:41
I went to a live house last night here in Kyoto and I had a few drinks--anyway, I wasn't on the top of my game. My friend gave me a pill and I took it without thought.

Anyway, I can't find any information on it anywhere. It was called Aka Dama (ԋ).

I'm concerned for my health and the effects of the drug; and it's even more worrisome that I can't find it anywhere online.
by PhilsterT  

... 2007/8/13 09:45
My google search tells me that AKADAMA is a nickname for a strong tranquilizer "BEGETAMIN A."

http://www.cocokarada.jp/medicine/rx/1179100F1024/index.html
by J Lady rate this post as useful

Don't worry 2007/8/13 22:20
Akadama is a SHOYAKU (herb medicine) which works mildly for
your stomach and bowel.
And the medicine has a more than three hundred year history in Japan.

http://www.protan2002.com/akadama/akadama.html

My mother often let me take them in my childhood.
by Rei rate this post as useful

Akadama 2007/8/13 22:33
Rei,

I'm sure you were just trying to be helpful, but when people talk about "Akadama" in clubs they aren't usually talking about the stomach medicine.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Oops 2007/8/13 22:59
Thanks for your explanation, Dave.
by Rei rate this post as useful

More help... 2007/8/14 14:51
Okay, well, maybe I need to clarify: it was a semi-strong drug, not herbal medicine.

I have very little memory of the night and my sense of time is completly distorted.

What did I take?
by PhilsterT rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/14 15:02
See the post by J-Lady.

If still not sure why not ask your "friend" what he gave you.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/14 15:03
J Lady gave you the answer already...
by ... rate this post as useful

Akadama 2007/8/14 15:12
PhilsterT,

I'm no pharmacologist, but I believe J Lady gave the correct information.
The main ingredient is chlorpromazine, which has various side effects exacerbated by use with alcohol.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

To add 2007/8/14 15:16
Somehow there seem to be two substances often referred to as "akadama."

(1) "Vegetamin A." One that comes in red sugar-coated tablet (by Shionogi Pharmaceutical). It seems to be a rather strong tranquilizer, used to treat maniac/depression, etc.

(2) "Erimin." It can cause dependency, and it can cause aggressiveness, sleep-walking, hallucination, etc. (Erimin package is shown in the following site. The author of this page says he got this in "clubs.")
http://blog.tanteifile.com/kkkooo/archive/200611/0716454734.aspx
by AK rate this post as useful

soil 2007/8/14 16:02
More commonly known to me as the special clay like soil you use to grow bonsai trees in.
Hehe that wouldnt taste too good.. pretty sure thats not what you had :)
by Kevin rate this post as useful

How does it affect your body... 2007/8/16 16:39
If that is a tranquilizer it would not have had the same effects as speed would have on a person, right?

I heard that it was more likely speed: constant teeth chattering, constant moving, blurred vision, uneasy walking...

Are these also symptons of Vegetamin A? (I can't find that anywhere.)
by One more time... rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/16 16:50
Then it could have been "Erimin-5," another one I suggested as a possibility in my earlier post. It is discussed alongside Ecstacy; does that sound more like it? Did you check the above link to see if the shape was like that??
by AK rate this post as useful

for reliable information 2007/8/17 11:31
PhilsterT,

You can get more accurate info if you inquire to the public health center (hokenjo). Some of the ones in the big cities have English speakers.

There are also public English information services in big cities. Here is one in Kyoto;
http://www.kcif.or.jp/en/index.html

They will not try to arrest you for making inquiries on drugs anyway, but you can just say that you need some general info and you don't have to say you used it.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread