Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question about train station 2007/8/13 11:00
I have a few question here regarding the train station. I hope to get some sense of direction and not get lost in the station especially with a toddler and 2 old folks. Thanks

(1) I will arrive at Nariata Terminal 1 and plan to take Keisei Limited Express to Keisei Ueno. Can I know which level is the arrival hall and which level is the Keisei limited express.

(2) I will arrive at Nariata around 315 pm. I am planning to go Kyoto the next day at around 8 am. Can I exchange for my JR pass on the day of arrival and start using it the following day as I realised that most of the JR opening hours for exchange is at 10 am or 1030 am.

(3) Assuming I have exchanged for the JR pass. The next day, I will take JR Yamanote Line from Ueno station to Tokyo/Shinagawa Station to get onto the Shinkansen. Which is a less confusing station to board the Shinkansen? Tokyo or Shinagawa?

(4) For Tokyo station, which level will JR Yamanote from Ueno stop and which level should I go to board Shinkasen?

(5) For Shinagawa station, which level will JR Yamanote from Ueno stop and which level should I go to board Shinkasen?

Thanks!
by loowl  

... 2007/8/13 19:03
(1) I will arrive at Nariata Terminal 1 and plan to take Keisei Limited Express to Keisei Ueno. Can I know which level is the arrival hall and which level is the Keisei limited express.

You can look it up here (just follow the signs that says "trains"):
http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/

I will arrive at Nariata around 315 pm. I am planning to go Kyoto the next day at around 8 am. Can I exchange for my JR pass on the day of arrival and start using it the following day as I realised that most of the JR opening hours for exchange is at 10 am or 1030 am.

Yes.

(3) Assuming I have exchanged for the JR pass. The next day, I will take JR Yamanote Line from Ueno station to Tokyo/Shinagawa Station to get onto the Shinkansen. Which is a less confusing station to board the Shinkansen? Tokyo or Shinagawa?

It is very easy to transfer from the Yamanote Line to the shinkansen. I would rather transfer at Tokyo Station, because it is the initial station and has twice as many hikari departures than Shinagawa, where the trains stop for just a few seconds.

For Tokyo station, which level will JR Yamanote from Ueno stop and which level should I go to board Shinkasen?

The platforms are on the same levels. To change platforms, you have to descend one floor. Again, it is clearly signposted!

For Shinagawa station, which level will JR Yamanote from Ueno stop and which level should I go to board Shinkasen?

Same as Tokyo Station, except that you have to get a floor up rather than down to change platforms.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread