Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

September Holidays, effect for travel? 2007/8/14 07:01
I was interested in the September holidays of Respect for the Aged Day, and the Autumn Equinox.

I've read about the holidays themselves, but I still wondered if they will have any effect on travel. Do people in Japan get the day off work?

Will anything be closed?

Thank you!
by Mike  

... 2007/8/14 09:27
I still wondered if they will have any effect on travel. Do people in Japan get the day off work?

Yes, people in Japan get the days off work, and many will do something, leading to increased travel activity towards tourist spots.

Will anything be closed?

No. To the opposite! Everything will be open, especially in tourist resorts (with a few exceptions, for example, Tsukiji fish market).
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/14 09:31
if they will have any effect on travel. Do people in Japan get the day off work?
Yes. Sep 15-17 and Sep 22-24 are 3 consective holidays. And in recent years, many people take a late summer holiday in September instead of July/August. Travelling activities are expected to rise accordingly.

Will anything be closed?Banks, Post Offices.

by J Lady rate this post as useful

reply to this thread