Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Under 21 Clubs? 2007/8/15 18:27
Ok so im moving to Tokyo, im 18. Its gonna kill me if i cant go out n party!! I realise the legal drinking age in Japan is 21, will there be any under 21 clubs in Tokyo?
by Brit  

... 2007/8/16 08:34
Legal drinking age is 20 not 21.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

20 2007/8/16 10:09
even though that is the drinking age, the people are much more relaxed about drinking than we are in America. My friend was staying with a host family, which was attached to a bar. He has a beard, so in Japan, they all think he's 25-30.. when he was really 19. The final day, before leaving, the barman asked him how old he really is. After telling him his real age he said, "give me another drink" and got filled up right away.
by Miko rate this post as useful

Loose about drinking age 2007/8/17 15:10
They are definitely pretty loose on checking someone's age before serving alcohol in Japan (doesn't mean it's cool to knowingly break the law if you're under 20, though).

Being so used to getting carded in the U.S., I voluntarily flashed my passport, pointing to my birth date while buying a can of beer at Haneda Airport, the lady at the counter looked really perplexed.
by Dave in Arizona (soon Tokyo) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread