Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Fuji & hakone 2007/8/16 23:15
Hi,
is it possible to spend 1 day at Mt Fuji & hakone from tokyo or at least 2 days??
How long will it take from Shibuya to Mt Fuji and from Mt Fuji to Hakone??
About Ichinoya Honkan, is it far from Mt Fuji & is it a nice ryokan?? and
Room type no 2, is it with private bath??
Thank You
by z0di  

... 2007/8/16 23:25
is it possible to spend 1 day at Mt Fuji & hakone from tokyo or at least 2 days??

If you want to visit both, the Fujigoko and Hakone regions, and travel on your own, then I recommend at least two days. If you join a guided bus tour, both regions can be visited in a single day, but it is a rushed tour.

How long will it take from Shibuya to Mt Fuji and from Mt Fuji to Hakone??

See here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2172.html

About Ichinoya Honkan, is it far from Mt Fuji & is it a nice ryokan??

It is located in Hakone.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks, and about JR-pass ?? 2007/8/17 23:25
Thanks uji.
I want to know about JR Pass.
we will be in tokyo for 17 days from Oct 5(at nights)to Oct 21 (afternoon). I'll be travelling to yokohama, Kyoto, Osaka, Hirosihma, miyajima, Himeji, Kobe (optional),Nara, Kamakura, Mt fuji, Hakone, Nikko(optional). we'll spend about 5 nights at tokyo (2 nights to disneyland and disney sea).
which one is better 7 days JR Pass or 14 days JR Pass?
Thank You
by z0di rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/18 07:06
It depends on the exact itinerary. If you complete the trip to Western Japan (Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Himeji, Nara, Kobe) within 7 days, a 7-day rail pass in combination with regular tickets might come cheaper, otherwise the 14-day pass is likely to come a little bit cheaper than regular tickets, but not by a lot.

.... 2007/8/18 10:51
My Itinenary will be :
5 Arrive in narita 9 PM
6 Tokyo-Yokohama-Tokyo
7-8 Tokyo
9 Tokyo-Osaka-Nara-Osaka
10 Osaka-Hirosihma-Miyajima-Osaka
11 Osaka-Himeji-Kobe-Osaka
12 Osaka (universal studio)
13 Osaka-Kyoto
14 Kyoto-Tokyo
15 Disneysea
16 Disneyland
17 Tokyo-MtFuji-Hakone
18 Hakone-Tokyo
19 Tokyo-Nikko-Tokyo
(optional)
20 Tokyo-Kamakura-Tokyo
21 Flying out at 13 PM
is the itinenary good because I travel with a child (3 year old) and I have to follow my parent's route at osaka and tokyo (from 12-16,They come with tour from a different country).
is it 7-day better or 14 day?
I'm planning to buy Suica&NEX package too.
Thanks

by z0di rate this post as useful

Passes 2007/8/20 21:53
So I have to get another pass to Mt Fuji & Hakone as the JR Pass doesnt cover this?

Would this proposed itinerary be sensible:

-- 20 Days Tokyo -

--2 Day Odakyu Pass --
Hakodate
Fuji Five Lakes

--7 Days travelling around on JR Rail Pass--

Matsushima
Miyajima
Kyoto
Nikko
Kamakura - for annual shrine festival
Yokohama
Tokyo airport
by Adam rate this post as useful

7 day Pass for 27 days stay 2007/8/20 22:47
Adam,
Hakone is an area near Tokyo, access is possible by Odakyu railway and as you mentioned by their Passes. Hakodate is a town in the northern part of Japan ( Hokkaido ). 6.30 h to 7 h trainride oneway. Otherwise yes, cover as much long distance travel with the JR Railpass. If you have time problems, your shorter travel is Tokyo - Kamakura - Tokyo what is Yen 1800 return if you cannot squeeze in the 7 days JR Pass. Tokyo - Yokohama by commuter train Yen 900 return. You can combine Kamakura and Yokohama to a one day trip.
by Peter rate this post as useful

.. 2007/8/21 01:42
Thanks for the feedback I think I got my names mixed up, I want to do:

--2 Day Odakyu Pass --
Hakone
Fuji Five Lakes

--7 Days travelling around on JR Rail Pass--

Matsushima
Miyajima
Kyoto
Nikko
Kamakura - for annual shrine festival
Yokohama
Tokyo airport

Are these good places to visit, or am I missing anywhere good?

John, Mt Fuji isnt an easy climb and I think the correct equipment is necersary: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6901.html
by Adam rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/21 10:18
z0di, I recommend the 7-day pass in combination with NEX&Suica, a free pass for Nikko and possibly a Fuji Hakone Pass. YOu can look up the details on this website.

reply to this thread