Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Must see places, travelling Sept 2007/8/17 06:26
i'm heading to Japan for first time in September. flying out to Tokyo then trying to cover as much ground as possible. Anyone have any advice on where to go/where to avoid. im travelling alone, anyone out there then?
by jenny  

... 2007/8/17 10:27
by Uji rate this post as useful

Please be more specific 2007/8/17 10:30
Jenny,

The answers to your question will depend very much on how long you intend to stay in Japan and what your particular interests are.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

must see places 2007/8/18 05:03
I don't think that you should try to see as many places as possible on a first trip. Beeing in Japan for the first time is enough of a big cultural shock already without trying to remember later where you actually went and did on this and that day!. Not to mention changing hotels every day or couple of days!. Think about your own country! most likely you haven't see every "must see" place and you never will!-unless you live in a really small country and travel around every weekend--

quite a few first timers to Japan choose 1 main town at most, for example Tokyo or Kyoto, with a couple of 1 day trips to other nearby places, for a 7 days trip. . 3 main towns, with several day trips away, would be ok for 2 weeks. I have been travelling for many, many, years and and beeing on a train everyday, staying in a different town every night for 2 weeks isn't fun. On the other hand I went once from Canada to Shangai for 3 days then from there to Germany for another 3 days and liked it!.

I have been to Japan 7 times (only) so far and enjoyed the trips where I stayed in 1 or 2 towns the most.
by Plantagenesta rate this post as useful

reply to this thread