Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Restaurant Kurosawa 2007/8/17 12:25
My wife and I will be in Tokyo in December. We would like to try out Kurosawa Restaurant in Akasaka-cho for its famous soba. Would appreciate any comments regarding this place. Thank you.
by tju  

... 2007/8/18 12:41
All I can say is this place is more like Ryotei with Soba corner than Soba shop and often used for business lunch/dinner with foreign guests. (They have NO KIDS policy on weekdays)

If your main purpose is to eat good Soba, there're dozens of places where you can get better ones. But if you are a fan of Kurosawa movies, you would enjoy the interiors of the restaurant.

Note that this is not in Akasaka-cho but in Nagata-cho, near the Diet building and Prime Minister's Residence.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

Kurosawa 2007/8/20 11:25
Hope Kurosawa's recipe is as good as his movies. Thanks very much for pointing out the correct location. We lost our way the last time and ended up eating at a hilltop restaurant near the Registrar of Marriage ( I think )!!
Thank you once again!
by tju rate this post as useful

kurosawa 2007/10/14 03:06
I loved this place when I visited last year. I recommend you have the soba cold, not hot.
For culinary highlights in Japan (but not only) I highly recommend the Kikunoi Restaurant in Kyoto.
by pat rate this post as useful

cold soba... 2007/10/16 11:12
yes, we just love cold soba! Thanks for your comments,
by tju rate this post as useful

reply to this thread