Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

can i visit fuji and izu 2007/8/17 18:52
i want to visit izu and mt fuji 5 lakes. can i do so in 2 days? how to travel to and from izu from kawaguhi station? after i will go to hakone on my 3rd day. which free pass should i get? i thought of the fujihakone free pass.. any better reccomandations?

where shld i go for sightseeing at izu n fuji area?
by erin  

... 2007/8/17 20:36
It is theoretically possible, but you will spend at least six hours of your two days in trains and buses. More if you want to venture far down the Izu Peninsula and try to use inexpensive (and slow) means of transport.

how to travel to and from izu from kawaguhi station?

I assume you mean Kawaguchiko Station. It depends where on the Izu Peninsula you intend to go. But basically: take the bus from Kawaguchiko Station to Gotemba or Mishima Station, and then trains or buses onto the nearby peninsula.

If you also visit Hakone, then a Fuji Hakone Pass may pay off, but the pass is not going to cover transportation to and around the Izu Peninsula.

If you don't use the Fuji Hakone Pass, then I recommend to visit Hakone before the Izu Peninsula for a slightly more efficient order of destinations.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread