Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What time does the subway open? 2007/8/18 03:44
I am thinking of staying in Ueno Hotel and taking the subway to Tsukiji by 5am. What time does the subway open? What JR station is closest to Tsukiji?
by abc  

... 2007/8/18 07:19
The subway starts operating shortly after 5am, while the JR trains (Yamanote, Keihin-Tohoku Line) start operating around 4:30am.

The closest JR station to Tsukiji is Shinbashi Station, about a 10 minute walk.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/18 09:23
If you're going for a tuna auctions, the first one starts at 5:30 and the second one at 6:30.

From Ueno-okachimachi station on Oedo subway line, take a subway to Tsukijishijo, about 2 minute away from the market.
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/18 10:38
Depending on where the hotel in Ueno is, you can just take the Hibiya subway line to Tsukiji station from ueno station.

First train leaves 5:09 arrives at Tsukiji station 5:21.
by John rate this post as useful

Tuna auction 2007/8/18 12:11
If you are going for the tuna auction you might want to double check that you can get in. I'm sure I read somewhere that the auction has been closed off to tourists because they (the tourists) were interfering with the auction.
by . rate this post as useful

I'm going to eat at Daiwa Sushi 2007/8/21 14:50
I'm going to eat at Daiwa Sushi. I hope I don't get lost again.

Which subway is easiest?

Last time I left at 7am, I got squished like a sardine. What a Tokyo experience, I'll never forget.
by abc rate this post as useful

Can I use my JR Rail Pass? 2007/8/21 14:53
I am activating my JR Rail Pass on the day I go to Tsukiji at 5am. Should I activate at Narita Airport for use the next day? Wow, I'll be saving some $$.
by abc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread